Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

I'm having our first dinner party at the olde farmhouse tonight.
Picadillo Dip with Tortilla Chips
Bees Knees 2014 Chenin Blanc/Viognier

Grilled Chicken Thighs
Heart Healthy BBQ Sauce
Black Bean Fiesta Salad
Chile Rellenos Casserole
Sliced Cantaloupe
DeLoach 2012 Chardonnay

Cheese & Fruit Plate (apple & grapes)
Mount Townsend Seastack
The Drunken Goat (bathed in red wine)
Manchego
Fig jam and Apple jelly with Horserdish
Tenuta Ca’ Bolani Prosecco

(and…copious amounts of red wine that Roy will sneak in)

-------

One guest is diabetic and never partakes in desserts, so I'm racking my brain to come up with desserts he can enjoy, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Oh that all sounds so good.

I'm thinking about finally making those Nigella's mellow curried meatballs. I would use 1/2 ground pork & 1/2 ground beef and freeze half of the meatballs for italian wedding soup for another time.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by Trixxee (Oh that all sounds s...)
We loved this dish, Trixxee!! Haven't done it for the longest time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by cjs (We loved this dish, ...)
Jean, don't you think that your fruit and cheese tray is enough for dessert? Your menu sounds delicious, especially with all the wines to go with. Very nice.

I have been wanting Mexican food for a while, so I think we might do tacos and/or burritos tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, don't you thin...)
That will be our dessert! I'm just thinking ahead to other dinners that Gary will be attending.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by cjs (That will be our des...)
That's an impressive menu, but what is a Mount Townsend Seastack?

I plan to make the three cheese & pepperoni Stromboli, no promises though.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by losblanos1 (That's an impressive...)
Oh Blane!! You must (!) check out a good shop in your area. It's made in Port Townsend and they have 4 or 5 of the best cheese(s) ever!

I think Cirrus is my favorite.
The Creamery
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by cjs (Oh Blane!! You must ...)
Those cheeses look amazing, Jean, nice to see you can order online.

Had a late lunch with a friend today on the waterfront in Portsmouth. We split fried clams and scallops (of course) and a burger with sweet potato fries. Then strolled around the town for while, enjoying good weather and our day offSmile A nice glass of Wente chardonnay to drink, perfect lunch!
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by pjcooks (Those cheeses look a...)
What fun! I haven't given a dinner in over a year - unheard of for us and we just had a great time. Easy menu to get back in the swing of things.

And, I must pass along this "DUH" moment idea that many of you may already be doing (and if so, why didn't anyone say anything ) when grilling. Diluting the sauce 1/2 & 1/2 with water for brushing meat/poultry), and then the last swipe with full strength. No problem with burning because of sugar that is almost always in a sauce.

I've been doing this for about a month now and I just love it.
[Image: Jul%2023%20Chicken%20canteloupe_zpswava9eub.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/23/15?? by cjs (What fun! I haven't ...)
Thank you for the link, that place looks amazing, as well as your chicken. Perfectly cooked. Yum!