Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Grilling steak and a fruit salad - maybe grill a potato, also.

I have 3 crooknecks soooooo close to picking!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leaning towards egg foo yung - just not sure if I'll do shrimp or pork or even both.

I did see a variation using Spam but I'll wait until Tony is back in town for that - he mentioned Spam the other day so I think he wants to try it again for the first time in many years. Reminds him of his Hawaii days.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by Trixxee (Leaning towards egg ...)
It's a beautiful day and I should be grilling, but I chose Cubanos for dinner.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by losblanos1 (It's a beautiful day...)
Yes, you should be! but, we should now be in for some lasting good weather!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by Trixxee (Leaning towards egg ...)
Quote:

I did see a variation using Spam but I'll wait until Tony is back in town for that - he mentioned Spam the other day so I think he wants to try it again for the first time in many years. Reminds him of his Hawaii days.

Well, we're back from our trip west, and (believe it or not), I'm happy to feel some humidity on my skin.

My dad was born in Hawaii and Spam brings him to a happy place, too. I wish I had cooked him some while we were at the cabin. Instead, he fed us wayyy too many sourdough pancakes. I'm so glad that the wood stove and his starter are across the country, or I'd weigh a whole lot more than I do. LOL!!!

Tonight's dinner was grilled chicken with a variation on chimichurri that included green olives and capers. It was yummy and will be a keeper, since it's WW-friendly (which I need after last week's breakfasts... )
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome back, Karyn! Hope you missed all the fires while you were out here. Sourdough pancakes on a wooden stove?? How could it get better?

Finally got to pick some goodies from the garden - first crookneck and cherry tomatoes, more radishes & lettuce. Made a salad adding them all along with cantaloupe and grapes. So good and so glad I got the garden in as soon as I did

Later we had the cutest BLT sliders - love having those buns in the freezer.
[Image: Jul%2028%20BLT%20Sliders%201_zpsdrwlik8g.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by cjs (Welcome back, Karyn!...)
Welcome back, Karyn!

Those sliders are almost too cute to eat!

I grilled Italian Sausages with peppers and onions. I've got plenty leftover for pizza this weekend! It's time to get back into making pizza again..
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome back, Karyn!...)
Daphne, with your screwed up schedule, when you get a pizza craving, why not make tortilla pizzas????? Just buy the large spinach, sun-dried tomato, or Jalapeno wraps and top them. Bake like regular pizza but for a shorter amount of time and little lower temp so everything gets hot/melts.

Short Rib Tortilla pizza
[Image: Jan%2027%20Short%20Rib%20Tortilla%20PIzz...gkxq85.jpg]

[Image: Jun%2012%20Bar%20Pizza%20w%20Tortilla%20...vbnsmp.jpg]

Easy, fast and what's not to love.

I grill or bake mine on the 18" cast iron griddle at 400-450°
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 7/28/15?? by cjs (Daphne, with your sc...)
Jean, that's a great idea! I keep forgetting your shortcut! I may just give it a try tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.