Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Port Townsend has a grocery store, the co-op, that has the most wonderful goodies, and since we were early yesterday for an appt., we stopped in. Picked up Chèvre, Manchego, Mt. Townsend's Cirrus, Castelvetrano Olives, Sour Cherry spread and Soppressata - dinner today!!

And for our later snack, a tortilla pizza with the Soppressata, Mozz, basil, chiles and honey. Fun day
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Good news from South Carolina. Our Bil was taken off life support under a DNR yesterday, he continued to breath well, woke up and was able to talk! Now in stable condition and we are hopeful for a "long term" recovery. To celebrate , we are taking dinner to his wife in the nursing home tonight and we will dine together. The food we bring is a treat. We have been here since Thursday, last week and are going home tomorrow.. Happy!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by Old Bay (Good news from South...)
Bill that is WONDERFUL news!

Hot out here, suppose to be 108.... 108?!?!?! We've seen more triple digits this year than in the last 100 years

Gonna grill some lamb chops.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by DFen911 (Bill that is WONDERF...)
That is just fantastic, Bill!!!! So glad you can go home and get back to your lives.

108° - can't do those temps anymore - Port Angeles ruined me for heat!

Thank God for Grills, huh???????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by DFen911 (Bill that is WONDERF...)
Great news Bill!

Same heat here Denise, yesterday tied the record for the most days of 90 for the year, today we'll set the new record, tomorrow will break todays record.

Dinner is an old Cuisine favorite, Chipotle chicken sandwich.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by losblanos1 (Great news Bill![br]...)
We have been blessed with only 90's here. After having several weeks in triple digits in June, I was afraid our summer was going to just keep getting worse. I'm not going to hold my breath, though. We will likely return to triple digits before summer is over. Poor Andrew stays soaked!

I'm grilling chicken breasts to add to last night's leftover pasta.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We have been blessed...)
Jean, the Castelvetrano is right at the top of my list of favorite olives. Just bought some the other day and have been enjoying them before dinner.

No cooking tonight. We're going out to a Japanese Steak House that we have a groupon for and need to use by TODAY. Will probably have a shrimp and filet combo.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, the Castelvetr...)
No triple digits here, but it's been in the mid-90s and humid since we got home. There were supposed to be lots of thunderstorms tonight, so I was going to do the C@H Carne Asada Burritos as written, but there's no rain in sight, so I may adapt them to the grill by grilling the steak and veggies and boiling the marinade before tossing the whole mess together....we'll see!!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, the Castelvetr...)
Oh my, twice in one week - I just love this kind of dining!!!

[Image: Jul%2030%20Cheese%20Plater%20dinner_zpspu7bm6kh.jpg]

the wine is Don Mendo Gran Reserve 2008 - blend of Tempernillo, Garnache & Cab - excellent right out of the gate. Did not need any breathing - wow. This bottle was part of a mixed case I ordered; now I have to see if I can afford a few bottles.
[Image: Jul%2030%20Don%20Mendo%20Gran%20Reserve_zpsfhu8cvjn.jpg]

Our snack later is still going to be a tortilla pizza using the Manchego and soppressata.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/30/15?? by cjs (Oh my, twice in one ...)
Looks wonderful Jean - I love all that stuff. However the last two times we had something like that my feet, hands and face were so puffy from the sodium it downright scared me. Such wonderful flavors.