Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15??
  Re: (...)
August!! What's on the menu for everyone?

Our favorite winery is celebrating their 10th anniversary - so it's probably partying today......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by cjs (August!! What's on t...)
I'm making pizza with my leftover sausage, peppers and onions using sun-dried tomato wraps. I'm excited!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making pizza wit...)
Finally pizza time at Daphne's!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by cjs (Finally pizza time a...)
CA is taking me out for dinner in wine country.

http://www.willowslodge.com/barking_frog/menus/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by losblanos1 (CA is taking me out ...)
I know, Jean! It's been too long!

What a lovely menu, Blane! I can't wait to see what you choose! Have fun!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know, Jean! It's ...)
I'm keeping this link - we love going to Woodinville - so many tasting rooms!!

Have fun
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by cjs (I'm keeping this lin...)
Pizza got scrubbed yesterday so it's on the menu tonight
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by DFen911 (Pizza got scrubbed y...)
Happy August, everyone!

We're visiting my parent's (Mom had emergency surgery to implant a pacemaker last week) and I'm making dinner.
Grilled salmon with lemon, garlic, cucumber, and yogurt sauce; green beans from the garden, black-eyed pea salad with sour cream dressing, fresh potatoes from the garden (not sure how we'll make them, maybe drizzled with olive oil and garlic and cooked in a foil packet on the grill). Peach pie for dessert.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by foodfiend (Happy August, everyo...)
Okay, a report on my pizza. This technique will take some finessing. The first one had a soggy bottom. Not hot enough (400) and too much topping. Second was at 425 and less topping. Crispy edges, but the middle was still slightly soggy. I did not preheat my cast iron griddle. That will be the next change.

William has become an ambivalent eater lately, but he thoroughly enjoyed this meal. I will experiment again tomorrow for lunch. I will preheat the griddle for the first one. If that doesn't do it, I will bump up the temp. (My wraps are small.) I have plenty of ingredients left, and I think he will be a very happy, willing guinea pig! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, a report on my...)
Yes, always preheat the griddle/stone! We have to remember, these are very light meals, so you can't go heavy with the toppings. That's what we love about them - no guilt having them whenever we want.
www.achefsjourney.com