O.T. Seafood Salad Dressing REview
  Re: (...)
I’m not asking for any testers on this one – I just want to share what I came up with today for a seafood dressing. Since my garden is coming into its own and the pasta dish I planned needed a dressing which would cut thru the richness of the clams and caviar and I needed to play with ingredients and managed came up with the winner.

After I made the dressing and tried with lettuce leaves, I knew it would go well with shrimp and I had some of these goodies in the freezer. So roasted them using the Garlic Roasted shrimp that we love so much (the method is posted on here) and added to my salad to serve with the pasta.
[Image: Aug%202%20Seafood%20Salad%20Dressing_zps6tvfvxsa.jpg]

Seafood Salad Dressing
a Chef’s Journey recipe

1/2 avocado, rough chopped
1/3 cup clam juice (from a small can of chopped clams)*
1 T. lime juice
1 T. caper brine
1 large garlic clove, chopped
1 T. Mayonnaise
Salt & pepper to taste

Add in the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper.

*add the clams to the salad along with other seafood.

---------
I’m so pleased with the flavors and how well everything went together – the tangy lemony flavor of the caper brine and lime juice combined with the briny flavor of the clam juice cut through the richness of the shrimp. The dressing can be used for salad or as a dip for seafood. I’m anxious to try it as a dip for calamari……or alligator!! (I have 4 lbs. in the freezer)

Since I don’t like to deep fry at home, I think I’m going to take a sample of this dressing to a seafood place and order up calamari and try it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. Seafood Salad Dressing REview by cjs (I’m not asking for a...)
YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. Seafood Salad Dressing REview by Gourmet_Mom (YUM!...)
This sounds like a winner to me. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I will let you know when we try it. Soon!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."