Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally another bubbly brunch - I have a lot of old pieces of bread in the freezer, so Peanut Butter Crunch French toast here. Don't know what we'll have later in the day. Maybe I'll get inspired by you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That French toast sounds delicious, it there a recipe?

Dinner today is going to be grilled filets with a horseradish-caper sauce and grilled asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by losblanos1 (That French toast so...)
Not sure what possessed me to buy a frozen boneless Butterball turkey breast the other day other than just trying to make something different but I'm not sure I feel like that today. If so, I have asparagus to go with it.

I also have 6 ears of corn to use up so I was thinking about corn chowder.

So in other words, I don't know.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by Trixxee (Not sure what posses...)
Oh Blane, if you like p.butter, you're in as much trouble as we were in this a.m.......

[Image: Aug%209%20P.Butter%20Fr%20Toast%20plated...jjpduj.jpg]

It's a Grace Parisi of Food & Wine magazine recipe -
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/peanu...ench-toast

And, after pigging out of the French toast, we were watching some show that made this burger.....

Peanut Butter Bacon Cheddar Burger

they showed a patty grilling that had p.butter mixed into and then just as donw, schmearing with more p.butter on the patty, topping with couple slilces bacon and a slice of cheddar.

Good God, what an overload of goodness. But I can't even go there for a few days after this brunch!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by cjs (Oh Blane, if you lik...)
That is so weird Trixxee, I have a 3 pound Butterball turkey breast in my freezer. I bought it last year to make this stuffed turkey breast recipe from Cuisine. I never got around to it.

Jean, guess what's for dinner Wednesday? Did you use brioche? Thank you for the recipe.

I switched gears on dinner, now it's grilled filet skewers with chimichurri rojo sauce.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by losblanos1 (That is so weird Tri...)
That is so funny Blane! Well, it's in the oven. This one came with a gravy packet (maybe they all do?), but we threw in some root vegetables, chicken stock and a little sherry to the pan to enhance the packet of gravy. We shall see how it turns out.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by Trixxee (That is so funny Bla...)
The peanut butter/corn flakes french toast sounds very intriguing. Hmmm.....with a side of sausage.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by Trixxee (The peanut butter/co...)
No, the impetus for even trying this was I had a round of some restaurant bread I wanted to use up in the freezer.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by cjs (No, the impetus for ...)
The kids are making their dad's favorite dinner....breakfast! Sausage, bacon, eggs and cheesy grits! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/9/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (The kids are making ...)
Haven't had much internet access, been camping the last week. Home now and having leftover hamburgers from last night.