T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight??

Some friends are coming over and bringing brats - I'm making baked beans and Maque Choux.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Even though it's hot I have to get out and do some shopping. I think I'm going to get some of that mahi mahi from Costco and grill it - not sure exactly what seasonings we would use. Maybe a rice pilaf and asparagus with it?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by Trixxee (Even though it's hot...)
We grilled some cod recently and all I put on it was some olive oil and a light sprinkle of Tony Chacherre's before putting it into a grilling basket. It was delicious.

Tonight we are having Blane's birthday dinner. So excited! We haven't had scallops in a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by Mare749 (We grilled some cod ...)
I'm gonna be winging it. (crackers and wine? ) Today finishing up the apple butter, making peach jam and playing with a new ingredient so making my pork bone broth. The ingredient is Ong Choy which is a Chinese aquatic plant used like we use baby spinach. We shall see! Leaves will in soup and the woman I talked to said she puts the stocks in a pot with a bit of soy, vinegar and pepper and stews them like greens.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by DFen911 (I'm gonna be winging...)
sounds interesting, Denise.

Blane's B'day dinner with scallops?? Did I miss something. I chose a dinner with scallops, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by cjs (sounds interesting, ...)
Decided to go with this really simple lemon basil butter sauce. We'll grill it instead of pan searing though.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/seare...ommunityReviews
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by Trixxee (Decided to go with t...)
Maryann, Jean chose the scallop B'day dinner.

That sounds like a winner Trixxee. That basil butter would be great on chicken breasts.

Today it's comfort food, chicken parmesan.

ETA: The sun came out and it's almost 80, French dips for dinner.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by losblanos1 (Maryann, Jean chose ...)
I think it would be good on chicken too, even though I haven't made it yet. LOL. Would probably be good on seared scallops too, since scallops are all around us.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by Trixxee (I think it would be ...)
I chose a review dinner, but not a birthday....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/28/15?? by cjs (I chose a review din...)
Such confusion over the dinner! LOL! I probably won't get to make it until Monday at the earliest. I forgot it was scallops, and I'll need to get those in Southport or Wilmington. OIY!

Tonight William asked for a Cobb Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.