Tuesday, 9/1/15??
  Re: (...)
Shoot, summer is waning and that means school and that means Karyn has disappeared, but this year we pretty much have Daphne - in between appts.

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing a kind of Szechuan noodle dish with zucchini, cellophane noodles and a peanut sauce. Have wings thawed that I might stick in slow cooer with a little more peanut sauce. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was pregnant the way I've been craving peanut sauces......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by cjs (Shoot, summer is wan...)
Nothing is impossible Jean.

We are having our patty melts with leftover meatloaf. I was going to serve some coleslaw with it but I think we are having reubens on Thursday to use up some more rye bread and I'd rather have the slaw with the reubens. Maybe I'll just serve some ice cold sliced navel oranges as a side. Been on a kick with those lately.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by Trixxee (Nothing is impossibl...)
Been craving a pasta dish ever since Lorraine posted that recipe for Marcella Hazan's Bolognese Sauce on FB the other day, so that might be the winner. Will probably serve it over orechiette or penne, with a mixed green salad on the side.

I'm sure that Karyn will pop in as soon as she gets a chance. The start of the school year is always a busy time for Holly as well. Most people have no idea how many hours teachers actually put in.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by Mare749 (Been craving a pasta...)
Isn't THAT the truth, Maryann!!! The first few weeks are horrifying! I am so thrilled that is behind me!!!!

Blane mentioned French Dip the other day, and they had already popped into my mind., so nothing would do but to have them this week. They were on for last night, which would have been perfect. It rained most of the day. But because of the ran, I had to cancel William's appointment in Southport, which meant no Boar's Head Roast Beef.

All that said, we did go to Coumadin Clinic today in the city. So they are on for tonight. Mai's numbers have final leveled out, so we won't have to go back there for THREE WEEKS!!!! Don't know if I mentioned it before, but a call to the neurologist brought on a big surprise! I figured he would start taking William off of some of his Depokene in the midday dose until he no longer took that dose. SURPRISE!!!! He took off one pill from all three doses!!!! (He had been taking 1000mg per dose! Now only 750!). He also extends us to reduce 500 mg in four weeks, 250 after that, until he is totally off of it by THANKSGIVINGS!!!!! William is very excited! I am happy, but also nervous and watchful. After a week or so, I should be okay with it, but then we'll do it all again next month.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Isn't THAT the truth...)
This will be a testing time, Daphne, for both of you - I so hope it works!! Big hug to William and tell him to give you one back from us!!

Since I threw the wings in the slow cooker, naturally they weren't ready for a mid-day dinner, so we went for a stuffed zucc. This combination was so good - not spicy at all, just comfort food....like mac and cheese.
[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/MONRO
E%20ROAD%20HOUSE/Sept%201%20Corn%20SAusage%20Ricotta%20stuffed%20zucc_zpskcir297f.jpg.html][Image: Sept%201%20Corn%20SAusage%20Ricotta%20st...ir297f.jpg][/URL]

Mixed the innards with corn & ricotta which I smoothed out in the processor and added some cooked sausage. Just so darn tasty! I'll be doing this one again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by cjs (This will be a testi...)
Thanks Jean! Will do! Looks yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by cjs (This will be a testi...)
Quote:

Mixed the innards with corn & ricotta

..Gahhh!! I was skimming to catch up and this phrase caught my eye....not a good image. However, I went back and read the entire post and your stuffed zucchini looks and sounds delicious, Jean.

We grilled turkey burgers tonight. I served them with an apple-mint relish and carrot sticks. Gotta love freezer diving!
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 9/1/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome back Karyn - hope things settle in soon for you.
www.achefsjourney.com