Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ
  Re: (...)
Karyn, I know you mentioned this in our dinner thread, but I can't seem to find it and I went through that issue twice. Any chance it has another name or maybe is in another issue?

I tried to do a search on the DVD, but nothing came up. I know it's in there somewhere.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by Mare749 (Karyn, I know you me...)
Maryann, It's on page 11 of issue 46. It's an option for the Teriyaki beef wraps.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by losblanos1 (Maryann, It's on pag...)
I think it may also be in one of the special issues? I so wish they would make those searchable. I also think Tracie made it for her mom years ago....I think that was the one? Or was it a Moroccan dish?

Anyway, Blane, job well done!

Okay, after looking at that one myself, it must be on the menu for next week! Now for the dilemma...which one, or double it and make both! William seems to be on a beef kick these days. Not a very economical diet, but I gotta do what makes him happy and feeling good!

BTW, the step down in his meds is finally showing positive results! He's getting impatient to reduce it more. I'm holding firm.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by Gourmet_Mom (I think it may also ...)
I'm sorry Maryann! I didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase! Here's the recipe (with the modifications I've made over the years to make it a complete dinner).

* Exported for MasterCook 4 by Living Cookbook *

Teriyaki Fired Beef for Mongolian Barbeque

Recipe By : Cuisine at Home #46, page 10

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Marinade:
Combine; Add:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs garlic, minced
2 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
1 Tbs ketchup
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb flank steak
-----
Boil; Strain: Reserved marinade
-----
For the Mongolian Barbecue -
Stir-fri In 2 T. Vegetable Oil:
1 cup red onion, slivered
1/2 bunch scallions, in 2" pieces
1 red bell pepper, julienne (optional)
1/2 lb snow pea pod, fresh, in 2" pieces
-----
Add; Toss:
3/4 lb Cooked Teriyaki Fired Beef, sliced
1/2 cup reduced Cooked Teriyaki Fired Beef sauce
-- (or more as desired)
-----
Serve Over:
8 oz lo mein noodles, cooked and drained

1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Add steak to bag, seal, and chill at least 2 hours. (All day is fine.) Remove steak, reserving marinade for the sauce; pat dry. (I usually just cut a corner of the Ziploc bag I've marinated the steak in and drained it into a saucepan.)

2. Preheat grill to high.

3. Boil marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes or until thick; strain.

4. Grill steak about 7 minutes on first side and five on second. Let rest 5 minutes off grill before slicing thinly across grain into thin strips.

5. Stir fry pepper, onion, and scallions in oil in a large skillet, 2 minutes, then add snow peas and stir fry one minute more.

6. Add steak; heat 1 minute. Toss with teriyaki sauce.

7. Serve over noodles or rice.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by karyn (I'm sorry Maryann! I...)
Karyn, I had already bookmarked the recipe, but this is so much better with your notes. As I said in the dinner thread, I'm planning on making this next week. THANKS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, I had already...)
Might be on our menu also - been a long time, I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by cjs (Might be on our menu...)
I think it needs to be on our menu too. Sounds delicious. Would give me an opportunity to use some of the packages of ramen noodles that have been hanging around. I always forget about those.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipe for Mongolian BBQ by karyn (I'm sorry Maryann! I...)
Thank you, Karyn! No apology needed. Just look at all the interest this recipe created.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."