Labor Day Weekend, 2015
  Re: (...)
Piddle, almost forgot this is a holiday weekend!! What special plans are in store for everyone??

Since we'll have two huge bulldogs here in this little house, I don't think we'll stray too far from home......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by cjs (Piddle, almost forgo...)
We have no big plans. I sure wish I was going to be at your house! Houseboat Don always brings such wonderful treats!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (We have no big plans...)
We have a busy weekend ahead. Two volleyball games tomorrow and several errands.

Sunday, we're going to the kid's campground for "mini olympics" which is an event that all the kids look forward to. Son-in-law James is smoking a brisket and the girls are making the sides. I'm going to take a veggie pizza, (the kind that you make with cream cheese and crescent roll dough) and probably some chocolate chip cookies.

Sunday, we're going to the air show at Burke Lakefront airport, kind of a tradition around here. We usually get to see the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels, but this year we will be watching the Air Force Thunderbirds. They started practicing yesterday and we catch an occasional glimpse from our house when they fly over. So, won't be cooking on Monday since we usually stop for dinner on the way home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by Mare749 (We have a busy weeke...)
Wow, what a weekend, Maryann!
He always brings great surprises, Daphne
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by cjs (Wow, what a weekend,...)
Nothing too notable here. I would like to help Michael with his "myth" project for English and get that off his plate. What I would like to do is go down to Del Mar on Sunday because they are parading American Pharoah around the track but I can only imagine what a mad house that would be, which is too bad but I just cannot face the traffic and I'm sure the train is a sellout.

I do know as far as food goes we are making Pioneer Woman's white chicken enchiladas and then on another day we'll do baby back ribs.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/white...nchiladas/
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by Trixxee (Nothing too notable ...)
Well now, the holiday has started!! Yesterday, I had such a huge basket of grape tomatoes which were bursting because of the rain, so I oven-dried them and today, I made a sun-dried tomato paté - and it is delicious.

So, another change to start out the holiday, I'm ditching the chicken and stuffed tomatoes and making a huge charcuterie platter for dinner.

And, since there is no cooking, I'm diving into Cosmopolitans later, too!

[Image: Aug%204Sun%20Dried%20Tom%20Pate_zps9gfgg9gv.jpg] Sun-Dried Tomato Paté
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by cjs (Well now, the holida...)
Thanks for the recipe, Jean. That looks delicious!
Maryann

Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by Mare749 (Thanks for the recip...)
It is very tasty - I'm thinking I'll doctor it up a tad next time I make it. We had leftovers, so mixing it with 'twice baked' potatoes sounds like something to try with the l/os.

Our Dinner
[Image: Sept%204%20Charcuterie%20Platters%201_zps9wlws36w.jpg]

Hank & Lucy's dinner- I grilled the darn things for them.....
[Image: Sept%204%20Puppys%20dinners_zpsrrqysrtz.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by cjs (It is very tasty - I...)
Well, that answers my question in the other thread. I'm sure Hank and Lucy really enjoyed those ribs.

Those cheeses look really good. What is the dark one that looks marbled?
Maryann

Re: Re: Labor Day Weekend, 2015 by Mare749 (Well, that answers m...)
Cahhil Irish Porter Cheddar - it is very good.

I'm going to post the recipe for our brunch - it was excellent. Just found this on Closet Cooking

Chargrilled Oyster Pasta

We all love oysters, but decided any seafood (crab, prawns, clams, etc.) would be wonderful with this briny/lemony broth. Love this dish!!

[Image: Sept%205%20Oyster%20Pasta%20plated_zpsvpk25dko.jpg]

More oysters later along with the Sake Halibut and baked potatoes twice-baked with the pate. (burp!!)
www.achefsjourney.com