Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Going thru a box of old recipes, I ran across one from Joi Warner's book, No Cook Pasta Sauces, that I used to love to cook from - Melon and Prosciutto Pasta.

I have a beautiful cantaloupe and some salami to sub for the prosciutto, so that's it for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having italian paninis for lunch and then Tony's make a sort of chili with some of the bazillion chicken/habanero sausages he bought at Costco. I just know pinto beans (and maybe black beans) and hatch chiles are going into it. Corn bread on the side.

Edited to add: and a peach margarita!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by Trixxee (We are having italia...)
Another long drive day for me, but will be at my folks house tonight and probably just make a sandwich
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by DFen911 (Another long drive d...)
Pizza dough on the rise. Will probably make it with mushrooms and pepperoni because that is what I have on hand. Chopped vegetable salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by Mare749 (Pizza dough on the r...)
Pizza, panini and travel!!!
safe trip, Denise

sounds good Maryann & Trixxee
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by cjs (Pizza, panini and tr...)
Trixxee, your mention of the sausages brings to mind something I wanted to mention to you guys. I know some of you love pumpkin spiced stuff this time of year. As I was skimming the sales flyer yesterday, I noticed there were seven items in there with this flavoring in the name, and that was just the sales flyer! But one item threw me off, totally. Pumpkin spiced pork sausage! REALLY?!?!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, your mentio...)
hmmmm, too much even for me....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by cjs (hmmmm, too much even...)
I would try it.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by Trixxee (I would try it. [im...)
LOL! I knew you would be the one!!!!! Weren't you the one that got so excited recently that Sunken Donuts would soon be adding the Pumpkin Spiced Latte or some such?

William told me that pumpkin sales have been down this year so they were pushing the pumpkin spice in all directions to help sales.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I knew you wou...)
That wasn't me. I can't even drink coffee of any type anymore - does disasterous things to me. LOL. Now Michael on the other hand....he's probably already had 4 pumpkin frappacinos from Starbucks and they've only been available for less than 2 weeks.

I do like the pumpkin ravioli from Trader Joe's though. Need to get over there and see if they are available.