Your favourite porcini-mushroom recipe?
  Re: (...)
Saw some really nice dried porcini mushrooms in the store, today, and couldn't resist, so I now have a one-ounce package that they say, when reconstituted, is equivalent to eight ounces of fresh.

That said, I'm wondering what dishes you all like that feature porcini mushrooms prominently as the star - not just in a supporting role or in the background - and without other mushrooms.

I've done some searching, already, but would like some more-direct input.

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Your favourite porcini-mushroom recipe? by labradors (Saw some really nice...)
Labs, I had a really good cream of mushroom soup recipe that called for dried mushrooms as well as fresh. The dried mushrooms were used as a thickener instead of a roux. All you had to do was grind them up in a coffee mill to a powder and add it to the soup. I have done that with stews as well.

I always keep dried mushrooms on hand, mostly porcini and shiitake, and pick them up at the Asian market since they always have the best price. Both the mushrooms and the soaking liquid adds great flavor.

Sorry I don't have any more input for what you are looking for.
  Re: Re: Your favourite porcini-mushroom recipe? by Mare749 (Labs, I had a really...)
That sounds like a good idea, Maryann - I remember grinding some up for something at some time but haven't done it forever. Good reminder.

No help from this quarter since I'm not that big of fan and usually only add them to dishes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Your favourite porcini-mushroom recipe? by cjs (That sounds like a g...)
I've seen them ground up and used as a rub on steak, but I've never tried it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Your favourite porcini-mushroom recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (I've seen them groun...)
What I finally wound up making was Emeril's Fettuccine in a Porcini-Mushroom Cream Sauce. Not disappointed at all. It was a good choice.

Since I only made half the recipe, I still have porcini left, so now, maybe I'll try some of these other ideas, such as the powder, etc.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?