Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

The pkg. of wings I thawed for yesterday had too many for one dinner so we're having them again today only using the recipe from C@H's #80, Bold & Spicy wings with cranberry glaze and garlic pasta.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds really good, Jean. No idea what we're having tonight. Ron is on vacation for the next two weeks, so we will be "winging it" a lot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by Mare749 (That sounds really g...)
No trips planned??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (No trips planned??...)
Maryann, that was too funny!

I don't have a clue. I'll probably browse my books for inspiration. I wish I had the manchego, so I could make the last dinner review dish. Ashley is away for the weekend, so this would be the perfect time to make them. She can't digest a lot of seafoods, and scallops is one of them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, that was to...)
Piddle, that went 'swoosh' right over my head, Maryann!!!!!

www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (Piddle, that went 's...)
I'm making this recipe tonight (got freshly made chicken/apple sausages at Sprouts). But I don't think I'm going to do potatoes, I think I'm going to do regular old Uncle Ben's rice or Stove Top. Tony just had some potatoes with breakfast - that's enough for one day.

http://noblepig.com/2011/04/cider-glazed...-sausages/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (No trips planned??...)
Quote:

No trips planned??

Unfortunately no. After 20 plus years of living on this street and always having septic, the powers that be decided that we all had to switch over to sewers. The price is based on footage. I have already paid the assessment of $5200 which they only gave us 30 days to come up with or it would be tacked onto our property tax bill to the tune of 20% interest. Now we have to pay out $6000 to the company who is going to excavate and hook us up. What a racket.

So, no vacation right now. We're still trying to recover from the sting of this one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by Trixxee (I'm making this reci...)
Good Lord Trixxee!! That looks just delicious. Copied! How did I miss that one.

Maryann, we were posting at the same time!! My Lord, what a scam. Us being in the county, we're wondering if we will eventually have an issue with our well. Hopefully, Grandfather will take care of it......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (Good Lord Trixxee!! ...)
Maryann, we went through that! They act like they are doing you such a favor! Bull hockey!!!! I LOVED my well water!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/19/15?? by cjs (Good Lord Trixxee!! ...)
Quote:

Good Lord Trixxee!! That looks just delicious. Copied! How did I miss that one.

Maryann, we were posting at the same time!! My Lord, what a scam. Us being in the county, we're wondering if we will eventually have an issue with our well. Hopefully, Grandfather will take care of it......

A friend made the recipe the other day and her husband was raving about it.

Well that stinks Maryann. We have some large bills coming up too - but they are all dental related. Tony needs two implants at $3000 each. Dear lord.