Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

a few of us are getting together for a football brunch (I wish Hawks were playing early... ). I'm taking makings for Ramos Fizzes and also a family favorite side dish - Onion Gratin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have two volleyball games to go to then dinner at Holly and Bob's house. They wanted to do a Mexican themed meal today, so I'm taking a taco dip and the makings for little cinnamon sugar donuts. Holly is making a chicken taco casserole.

A friend gave me this recipe. Take refrigerated biscuit dough (NOT Grands) and make a hole in the middle. Drop into deep fryer 375° until golden brown. Toss in a paper bag with cinnamon and sugar.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by Mare749 (We have two volleyba...)
Michael would love those little donuts. Cinnamon freak.

We are having carne asada/fajita soft tacos, and just some rice a roni spanish rice on the side. If I can talk Tony into going to the store for avocados I would make some guacamole.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by Trixxee (Michael would love t...)
That's like a Churro doughnut.

A freezer dive today, chili con carne for the game. Go Hawks!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by losblanos1 (That's like a Churro...)
Yes, it sure is, Blane. Lot like zeppole too, without all the work.

My brain wasn't working earlier when I posted. I meant to say that I am taking guacamole dip to Holly's to go with her chicken taco casserole.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by Mare749 (Yes, it sure is, Bla...)
Chicken Pho soup

If you guys haven't made Jean's onion gratin DO SO! It's wonderful
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/20/15?? by DFen911 (Chicken Pho soup [im...)
And, everyone liked it today, too, Denise - thanks!! But, there was none left, so Roy's going for more sour cream and we'll make it again tomorrow.
Fun Day
And, now - the Hawks. I feel those darn Packers are going to do us in, but, I so hope we can beat them!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com