Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today.

We didn't get much of the onion gratin yesterday, so the master has requested I make it again today for us! Thawing a steak out and maybe a few sautéed mushrooms. Rich, rich meal, but tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Rotissiere chicken, yellow rice and either asparagus or a green salad.

I'm also making a batch of potato leek soup earlier in the day for something soft for me to eat Tues/Wednesday. I don't think I'm going to be in the mood for any cooking tomorrow so will get that out of the way today.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by Trixxee (Rotissiere chicken, ...)
I've already changed my mind after seeing this picture. Will swap out the rice for this olive cheese bread.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/olive_cheese_br/
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by Trixxee (I've already changed...)
Lol Trixxee I'm doing a rotisserie chicken too I love my Ronco.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by DFen911 (Lol Trixxee I'm doin...)
darn, Jean - stay away from links Trixxee posts!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by cjs (Damn, Jean - stay aw...)
Oh my, that olive cheese bread just looks way too good. As much as I would like to try that one, we will have to pass as we have had way too many high fat meals lately.

And today wasn't much better. We got gyros from Two Guys Gyros, a little dive in our old neighborhood that makes the best gyros around on their own homemade pitas. Heading out now for an hour long walk.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by cjs (Damn, Jean - stay aw...)
Grilled hanger steaks, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes. Simple.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by Old Bay (Grilled hanger steak...)
Oh my - I'm with Bill - simplicity, but oh so darn good!!

I bought a gallon of Blue Hog Tennessee Red Sauce from Amazon and gave some away for a birthday present and froze most of the remainder in baggies.

Today, we made a repeat of Onion gratin (wonderful!), grilled a steak, and tossed potato cubes with s&p and the Tennessee sauce and roasted them. Wow, what wonderful flavors!!
Onion gratin
[Image: Sept%2021%20Onion%20Gratin_zps9hrtd9td.jpg]

Dinner
[Image: Sept%2021%20Onion%20gratin%20steak%20Blu...fimhsi.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by cjs (Oh my - I'm with Bil...)
Yummy Jean!

Follow up to the cheese bread - it was really good. As a matter of fact, that was my entire dinner. I halved the recipe and used a country french baguette versus the fluffier, lighter french bread PW used. It was just great. I did add a little garlic powder to the mixture.

If you don't want to get carried away with too much fat, just make a 4 inch piece for each person and have that as your side.

I will make this again very soon.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 9/21/15?? by Trixxee (Yummy Jean![br][br]F...)
That is making me drool! Is the onion gratin a recipe that you've shared before? Hint.