2015 Holiday Foods - Thanksgiving
  Re: (...)
I'm starting the holidays off with this new one and it's already a family favorite!!

I can't believe I've had this recipe since Nov. of 2012 and not tried it!!! I took the cheese spread in the serving 'pan' separately from the topping and added the topping at the party. But, because this flavor combination is so darn good, this is a dangerous way to do it because it was hard to stay out of it.

[Image: 2015-09-27%2002.08.12_zpseru2rhji.jpg]

Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Gratin

1 lb creamy fresh goat cheese, softened
6 Tbs apricot preserves
4 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
1 pickled jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbs minced cocktail onions
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp dry sherry
Pita chips and toasted baguette slices, for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the goat cheese in a 5-by-8-inch gratin dish in an even layer. In a small bowl, whisk the preserves with the Peppadews, jalapeño, onions, mustard and sherry.

2. Spread the mixture over the goat cheese and bake on the top rack of the oven for about 5 minutes, until warm. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, until the topping is bubbling and lightly browned at the edges.

3. Serve hot, with pita chips and toasted baguette slices.

4. Suggested Pairing

5. Tart apple-scented sparkling wine: NV Roederer Estate Anderson Valley Brut.

Servings: 8
Author: Contributed by Grace Parisi
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 2015 Holiday Foods - Thanksgiving by cjs (I'm starting the hol...)
My family will love this one. Thanks, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by Mare749 (My family will love ...)
Shall have to try that. It reminds me of THIS, which I could eat 24/7.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by labradors (Shall have to try th...)
Funny how certain combination of flavors can just hit us right between the eyes!!

Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Gratin – Part II
Delicious transformation – mixing the gratin with egg yolks and moistened with a little mayo for a spicy creamy deviled egg.

Another abbreviated charcuterie platter – I call any cleaning the fridge and arranging on a platter a charcuterie platter and I feel I am fine dining!!! How easy is it to be classy?

[Image: Sept%2028%20Charcuterie%20Platter_zps1kvlwt6e.jpg]

Burp!
[Image: Sept%2028%20Charcuterie%20leavings_zpsss7ftceh.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by labradors (Shall have to try th...)
Quote:

Shall have to try that. It reminds me of THIS, which I could eat 24/7.

So glad you brought up this thread. I marked it so I can read it again. Great tips.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Will have to consider both for Christmas or Thanksgiving Eve with the kids. We usually do a Charcuterie (sp) Platter for dinner on those nights with cocktails, and just chat and have fun being together. It's become a tradition.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by Gourmet_Mom (Will have to conside...)
We love doing that also on the eves of holidays, Daphne. and, the rest of the year, too, I guess)

I've got to find a recipe I made while we were in Hawaii a number of years ago and had a fig tree right outside to add to these ideas. to add to a charcuterie plate.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by cjs (We love doing that a...)
I made this yesterday to go with the Ropa Vieja & Spicy Jalapeno Swt. tatoes. It's a great punch and I'll bet it will be even better next summer on a hot day!

I don't know where I found this recipe - I googled and found a pot full of recipes, but not the one I used...so sorry to the author -

Margarita Punch
By Anita Harris
Yield: about 1 1/2 gallons

2 (12 oz. each) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed
1 oz. bottled orange extract (Now, I found this to be ridiculous - why not Cointreau?? I used the Cointreau)
6 cups water
3 liter bottle 7-Up or Sprite (we used Sprite)
1 1/2 cups tequila (more if you like.... ) and we did

Stir together the first 4 ingred; add tequila and stir well. Add 7-up or Sprite and mix well again.
Serve in glasses over ice
Keep chilled.

We still have some left over to have another couple drinks with our leftovers today!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by cjs (I made this yesterda...)
Jean, I just sent this to Ashley for Christmas Eve. I'll be interested if the leftovers are good. Wondering about the Sprite going flat. And do they make 3 liter bottles of soda?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 2015 Holiday Foods by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I just sent th...)
No, add the soda as needed. Yes, they come in that siza.
www.achefsjourney.com