First Crop of Tomatillos
  Re: (...)
I loved being on the road, but being gone so long sure has made me appreciate my garden!!! Harvested the first Tomatillos today and they are ready to freeze.

[Image: Oct%202%20First%20crop%20Tomatillos_zpsjzzhl30p.jpg]

[Image: Oct%202%20tomatillos%20to%20freeze_zpsllqe0egp.jpg]

I do see Salsa Verde in my near future!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: First Crop of Tomatillos by cjs (I loved being on the...)
They are beautiful, Jean! I hope next year we can get our garden going again. This year was a total bust. William jokes that he has been sleeping since early April.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: First Crop of Tomatillos by Gourmet_Mom (They are beautiful, ...)
I think missing a season will make you really appreciate one next year, too! I'm sure having fun with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: First Crop of Tomatillos by cjs (I think missing a se...)
Jean those are gorgeous! You must be having so much fun.

Has the little piggy been back to visit? Did you ever find out where he/she lives?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: First Crop of Tomatillos by Mare749 (Jean those are gorge...)
Hasn't visited again, but we did find where he/she lives. Just across the street - who knew!

Got an email msg. from Ross (BOHICA) - remember him from C2C? He has a tomatillo sauce recipe that he makes, so I'm hoping he'll email it to me.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: First Crop of Tomatillos by cjs (Hasn't visited again...)
That would be yummy, I'm sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.