Secret Santa This Year? 2015
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so proud of myse...)
Me too Daphne, I can't believe that I waited until today to open my gift(s).

A big Thank you to my Secret Santa, I'll post a picture later.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by losblanos1 (Me too Daphne, I can...)
Okay, here we go...

[Image: TwxjcKK.jpg]

Starting in the upper left:
Apple wood for smoking, crabapple wood, "fat lighter, " fig wood, grapevine wood, En Fuego "Just Hot" sauce, Adam's Rib Rubb, zesty pickled asparagus, Heaven & Hell spice blend, 8th Wonder spice blend, Peri Peri, fig jam, quince jelly, hickory wood, oak wood, pear wood, pecan wood, persimmon wood.

All of that definitely will last a while, although I've already sampled the salsas [delicious!]. Peri Peri is something I've been wanting to try. Actually, right now, I'm even thinking that that would mix well with the fig jam or quince jelly to make a great glaze. The spice mixes call for a little research, so I'll check out their respective websites.

Asparagus is not really my thing, but my mom should love it. I am going to try it, though, since I've never seen it "zesty pickled" before.

The letter that my Secret Santa included mentioned that the smoking woods haven't been dried, yet, but could could be used green. Once everyone has had a chance to post and we find out who was whose Secret Santa, I'd like to get some tips about drying out the woods.

THANKS AGAIN!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by labradors (Okay, here we go... ...)
I'm anxious to hear input about the green woods, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm anxious to hear ...)
Such a bounty of riches this family has never before seen! Rec’d from my Secret Santa the most extravagant Charcuterie basket – you know the old saying, “You shouldn’t have…” is appropriate here, but Lordie are we having fun with all the goodies to play with.
[Image: Dec%2022%20Charcuterie%20Basket%20arrive...zo0b07.jpg]

But, wait - there is more and I don't know if it is from the same Secret Santa! This came also in another shipment -
[Image: Dec%2025%20present%20from%20who_zpsw1c1wvru.jpg]

and then - a little pkg. arrived and it was a beautiful Christmas tree ornament!!!

Help me out here, Santa!
I thank you so much for all these wondrous things
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by cjs (Such a bounty of ric...)
When I opened my package I found each item individually wrapped with Christmas wrap, that was a very nice touch.

What an awesome assortment of goodies, Wow! I've got next week off from work, so I'll have plenty of time to play with all this. I already have a few ideas, Grilled chicken breast with hibiscus, pork cutlets with peach pecan jelly, filets with habanero beer jelly. This is going to be fun.

The candle holder will have a special place on our mantle next year.

Thank you so much Secret Santa.

[Image: 1_zpsgj5plolt.jpg]
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by losblanos1 (When I opened my pac...)
THANK YOU, SANTA! My second package was filled with some of my favorite things! Especially one homemade item you know I LOVE! Everyone in and around the house have been told, HANDS OFF! MINE! Although I will probably give in if William wants one or two. MAYBE!

Pictures tomorrow. The light was almost gone before I got guests out of the house.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (THANK YOU, SANTA! M...)
My Secret Santa sent me some special things!! I got some Wild Huckleberry Jam which I've never had before, vanilla sugar I will be using on my next tarts/crostadas, a bottle of Balsamic Extra Jam with Figs (which I have no idea what to use it with - help!), 2 Dark Chocolate Habanero & Jalapeno Chili Truffle Fudge Bars (all mine, Hubby doesn't want any part of those ), and some candied pecans that taste very similar to what I make.

Thank you Secret Santa!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by BarbaraS (My Secret Santa sent...)
Me: "Ooof!! I just had half of one of those chocolates!"

Hubby: "Hot?"

Me: "Not at first!! Yowzaa!!"

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by BarbaraS (Me: "Ooof!! I just ...)
And after nearly giving my Secret Santa a heart attack, I forgot to mention the receipt of a gorgeous charcuterie board made out of quarter-sawn oak, cherry, and maple woods (as told to me by Hubby).

Wow!! I just placed all the other presents on top of it and forgot to mention it! Sorry about that!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Secret Santa This Year? 2015 by BarbaraS (And after nearly giv...)
Finally got the right light to show off my goodies.

[Image: image_22.jpg]

[Image: image_21.jpg]

Thanks again, Santa!

BTW, the jalapeño brats package is not in the picture, because two out of the pack went on my Chauceuterie platter Christmas Eve. YUM!

Sorry, I just saw that the meats are sideways. OOPS! Just turn your head, too aggravating to go back and redo it.
Daphne