Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm trying out the 2nd batch of waffles and see if leaving in the fridge overnite hurt or helped it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have l/o rolled Italian meatloaf. I'm thinking of warming some slices to put on a crusty roll with a bit of pizza sauce. Maybe a few tots to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by Mare749 (We have l/o rolled I...)
I have been sick and am very behind in my work, so Bradley and Joe are in charge of dinner tonight.

It's Chicken Monday at the store and they sell a great 8 pc. grilled chicken. Some kind of rice side dish and Red Lobster biscuits and gravy (cream of chicken soup).
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by luvnit (I have been sick and...)
Sorry to hear you've been sick, Laura. Good to know you are feeling better.

The plan is Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad, tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry to hear you've...)
I read that on facebook, Laura - hope you're feeling a little better by now!

Salad sounds good, Daphne
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry to hear you've...)
Jean, Cuisine at home has a yeast waffle batter that lasts up to two days in the fridge, I've made it before and it is really good. Issue #110.

Hope you're feeling better Laura.

I'm making chili con carne tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by losblanos1 (Jean, Cuisine at hom...)
Where the heck were you a couple days ago, Blane???

Thanks for noting it tho, if mine doesn't work out today, I'll need to move on to another one.

Ooops, just realized you meant yeast waffles - I'm hoping the sourdough will work out.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by cjs (Where the heck were ...)
I'm making a pretty simple bacon and green chile quiche that I've been making since 1996. Epicurious recipe.

Maybe I'll throw a few tots on the side too.

Feel better Laura.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by Trixxee (I'm making a pretty ...)
Hope you are feeling better real soon, Laura. Enjoy your dinner with the family.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 10/5/15?? by Mare749 (Hope you are feeling...)
Dinner was amazing! But as good as that crusty yummy chicken always turns out, the dressing is what makes it. And I'm not talking about the one in the recipe. If somebody gets a chance to oompare that one with Jean's, and would recommend the recipe over hers, I'm willing to listen. But I doubt the recipe can compete.

Thanks again for the recipe, Jean! And if you tweaked it to make it better, you'll let me know, right?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.