Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken
  Re: (...)
My Lord, I think this is the tastiest chicken I have ever made!! It's just delicious -
[Image: Oct%209%20Swt%20Garlic%20Chicken_zpsbueai9bz.jpg]

The recipe came (I think) from my cousin - at least that what I have on the recipe, but with a question mark...

And, so easy!!
Sweet Garlic Chicken

4 chicken breasts or thighs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 Tbs dried basil
1 Tbs EVO
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbs brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 400°

2. Line a sheet wfoil and spray

3. Season chix with salt, pepper and basil and place on b. sheet

4. Heat olive oil till shimmering; add minced garlic and cook until soft & fragrant, about 2 min.

5. Remove from heat and stir in b. sugar until smooth

6. Evenly spread sugar mixture over the top of each piece of chicken.

7. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

Source: Facebook (Lynn Shelledy?) posted this

I made it exactly as written except I had 5 thighs and I'm sure glad I did. Today, I stuck the l/o Mahi-Mahi in the freezer and I'm making my pizza out of some of the chicken.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by cjs (My Lord, I think thi...)
Jean,

That looks so tasty!! I make chicken thighs almost weekly here. Are those boneless/skinless or not?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]That lo...)
Wow, that looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for posting!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by Mare749 (Wow, that looks and ...)
No Barbara, the whole kit-and-caboodle - skin on, bone in. But, next time I will remove the skin, but I do prefer the bone in.

[Image: Oct%209%20Sweet%20Garlic%20chicken%20Piz...drnp0q.jpg]

Cook once - eat twice -
I kept 3 thighs out for dinner tomorrow and used the other 2 for pizza which was outstanding.

Pizza dough, marinara, Mozz, the chicken, gruyere, candied jalapenos, Parm - bake and top with green onions. Simple but so delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by cjs (No Barbara, the whol...)
I think I'll do this tomorrow. I just happen to have 3 chicken breasts in the fridge
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by DFen911 (I think I'll do this...)
Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by cjs (No Barbara, the whol...)
Great!! This week I'm doing Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs where you get the skin super-super crispy. I'll check your recipe out next week!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by BarbaraS (Great!! This week I...)
Sweet Garlic Chicken - dish #2 - Oh my, don't we all love cook once/eat twice? This pasta with the chicken was just excelllent!! Important note: when you make the chicken be sure to keep the jus in the pan. I tossed it with the garlic linguine when we served with the chicken and it was wonderful!! Wine? Sara's Harbinger La Petite Fleur!! Oustanding. (blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, & Riesling

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/MONROE%20ROAD%20HOUSE/Oct%2010%20Garlic%20Linguine%20Swt.%20Garlic%20chix%201_zpseyhmtd0n.jpg.html][Image: Oct%2010%20Garlic%20Linguine%20Swt.%20Ga...hmtd0n.jpg][/URL
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by cjs (Sweet Garlic Chicken...)
The above post is what I used the jus for, Maryann - tossed with garlic pasta .. Really tasty
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken by cjs (The above post is wh...)
Oh, I bet it was! Thanks, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."