Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers here and a bowl of 'refrigerator' soup for a snack later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's Canadian Thanksgiving here. If my turkey thaws in time it will be full blown Thanksgiving
Dinner. If not, it will be leftover shrimp, leftover crab cakes and whatever else I can find.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by Lorraine (It's Canadian Thanks...)
We still have some fresh sesame buns to use so Tony is making sloppy joe's.

But first breakfast - sausage, eggs over easy, hashbrowns, OJ. I think we can skip lunch and eat an early'ish dinner this way.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by Trixxee (We still have some f...)
Happy Thanksgiving, Lorraine!!! Good luck with the bird.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by cjs (Happy Thanksgiving, ...)
We have some sesame seed buns also, so I'm making copy-cat big macs w/ fries for the early Seahawks game. Dinner is going to be an appetizer- Coconut chicken tenders with pepper jelly sauce.

Happy Thanksgiving Lorraine!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by losblanos1 (We have some sesame ...)
Happy Thanksgiving, Lorraine! Did your turkey make it to the oven?

We had a delicious dinner of grilled rib-eye with carmelized onions and cremini mushrooms, baked potato and brussel sprouts. Had some l/o 18 hour bread, so grilled that for bruschetta. Our friends brought pineapple pound cake and cheesecake tarts for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by Mare749 (Happy Thanksgiving, ...)
I did the Thanksgiving dinner for you Lorraine! Yesterday was our final tournament of the season, one that we put on previous years to benefit the local food banks. The entry fee is $25 per person plus a bag of groceries for the food banks. Patty was the one who gathered all the prizes from the local merchants and it was a bid deal. Well, the members approached me and asked if we were going to do the tournament this year and I just told them I couldn't get the prizes, I would do the tournament but without prizes. They rightly pointed out that the reason the people participated was not for the prizes but for the golf, the cause and the dinner after. We do a full thanksgiving meal - turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed, gravy, salad, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, cranberries and dessert. We ended up with 140 people yesterday, had to turn down probably 60 people that wanted to enter but waited too long to register.

I washed all the dishes and Chels handled the food, so when I went to package up some of it this morning I asked her where the rest of it went - I mean really, we did 6 25# birds, 4 hams, 8 pans of stuffing, 80# of mashed potatoes, 6 cans of sweet potatoes, 20# each of corn and green beans. I don't have a 1/4 pan of turkey left, 1 half pan of stuffing and one half pan of ham left. My gosh those people ate like it was their last meal!

But we raised probably $800 for the local food banks and they each got about 12 big boxes of food, so it was a huge success. And Patty sent us a beautiful day which made it even better.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/11/15?? by iBcookin (I did the Thanksgivi...)
Nicely done, Linda! That had to be a good feeling although a ton of work! May blessings come back to you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."