Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I had a So-So dish of calamari in our weekly search for a new watering hole, so brought most of it home and will turn it into Pasta con Calamari today.

It was prepared using a cornmeal (fine grain) and while the first few pieces were tasty, 2 of us found a whole order was just too much and didn't care for it at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That's a bummer Jean, at least you can turn it into something delicious.

I had a request for huevos rancheros, so that's what we're having. With sausage of course.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by losblanos1 (That's a bummer Jean...)
We had Jean's recipe for Sweet Garlic Chicken and both of us thought it was delicious. I did two thighs with skin on and two without. Will definately take the skin off all of them next time. The flavor just goes through it so much better! Had a side of rice with it and some snow peas. Will make this again! Thanks, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by Mare749 (We had Jean's recipe...)
That's what I'm going to do too! We just loved the flavor! Glad you liked it, also.

This morphing of my Calamari into Pasta con Salsiccia e Calamari was downright delicious!!

[Image: Oct%2014%20Pasta%20con%20salsiccia%20e%2...siskdq.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by Mare749 (We had Jean's recipe...)
Maryann,

So you recommend boneless/skinless thighs for this?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by BarbaraS (Maryann,[br][br]So y...)
Barbara, I usually prefer bone-in for any kind of meat/poultry, so just pulled the skin off myself. This was so tasty that Ron couldn't stop picking, so no leftovers.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by Mare749 (Barbara, I usually p...)
Okay! Thanks!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by BarbaraS (Okay! Thanks!![br][...)
Did you save the jus from baking Maryann??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by cjs (Did you save the jus...)
No, didn't even think of it, Jean, because I'm so used to throwing it out. Old habits...
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 10/14/15?? by Mare749 (No, didn't even thin...)

www.achefsjourney.com