An Appetizer to Try
  Re: (...)
Saw this this morning in a Saveur newsletter and since I haven't made it yet, didn't think I should add to the holiday thread, but..... it is so calling my name and I would like to try some new ideas.

Appetizer - Apple and Stilton Welsh Rarebit Bites

Piquant Stilton replaces the more traditional cheddar in this bite-sized twist on the classic British dish.

2 ficelle or thin baguette, cut into 2" slices
] 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
] 1 small tart apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
] 8 oz. crumbled stilton or blue cheese, at room temperature
] 3 tbsp. crème fraîche
] 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
] 1 tsp. dijon mustard
] 1 tsp. honey
] Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush baguette slices with melted butter; working in batches, grill, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Layer 2 apple slices on each toast; set aside.

2. Arrange an oven rack 4″ ( well piddle, don't know what this should be - a couple inches....?) from broiler and heat broiler to high. Mix cheese, creme fraiche, Worcestershire, dijon, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 1 tbsp. of the cheese mixture over each toast. Broil until topping is melted and golden brown, about 4 minutes.

Yield: makes 24 bites

Source
Source: Saveur newsletter, 10/23/15
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: An Appetizer to Try by cjs (Saw this this mornin...)
William would probably like this. Let me know what Roy thinks of it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.