ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe.
  Re: (...)
I don't normally do quiche. Not sure why? Anyway, in an effort to liven up our menus, I thought I'd start throwing one in there from time to time. So take it and go!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Gourmet_Mom (I don't normally do ...)
Would frittatas work for you?
  Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Gourmet_Mom (I don't normally do ...)
Daphne,

I make the Potato-Crust Quiche a few times a year. The leftovers are great and easy to reheat. It's from issue 45.

The earliest and easiest quiche I ever made came from the side of a Bisquick box.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]I mak...)
Blane, frittata would be another fun thing to throw in the mix. Whatcha got?

Barbara, I looked at that one, and I have it marked. There is a deep dish one in another one that includes ham and spinach. I may start with that one if someone else doesn't tempt me with something else.
Daphne
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, frittata woul...)
I make quiche all the time, but unless it's for a holiday, I skip the crust part. I usually make one with spinach and cheese or zucchini and cheese, but sometimes I put some meat in them. Ron usually takes a piece in his lunch and has it for breakfast.

If you really want a crust, but not all the fat, I can give you my rice crust recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Mare749 (I make quiche all th...)
Diced honey baked ham, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and canned diced green chiles are a really good combo. Made a frittata with those ingredients last week.
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Mare749 (I make quiche all th...)
Andouille & Sweet Potato Frittata. So delicious and with out a calorie heavy crust.

[Image: 1_zpskgquuhv2.jpg]
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by losblanos1 (Andouille & Sweet Po...)
Daphne, usually for the best frittatas, just open the fridge door and select your goodies. We have them quite often.

If I'm sautéing any of the ingredients, I use an oven-proof skillet to combine everything and then throw in a 375° oven.

or

mix everything in a bowl and pour into a pie plate or some such. Guess what I'm saying is I don't like the method of cooking a frittata complete stovetop. The get puffier and nicely browned in the oven. I guess I'm rambling....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by cjs (Daphne, usually for ...)
We love the quiche lorraine...a bit of time but WELL WORTH IT!! Great leftovers as well---if there are any The humble bacon, egg and onion pie
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. by Roxanne 21 (We love the quiche l...)
You guys are great!

So Jean, are you saying to use the same custard as the quiche for a frittata?
Daphne