T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing oven-fried chicken (buttermilk/Franks Hot sauce marinated) and a couscous salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pulled some meatballs from the freezer to serve with twisty pasta as Michael calls it.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by Trixxee (Pulled some meatball...)
We're going out for dinner, it's oldest daughter's B'day.

http://www.lombardisitalian.com/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by losblanos1 (We're going out for ...)
Great dinner today!!

Chicken marinated in buttermilk & Frank’s Hot Sauce -
[Image: Nov%206%20Oven%20fried%20chix%201_zpsan8tgxdi.jpg]

Served with a Couscous salad
[Image: Nov%205%20Couscous%20salad_zps8xrbtvwm.jpg]

And forget a little snack for our later eating – we’re having chicken legs and more couscous!!
[Image: Nov%206%20l.o.s%20chix%20and%20couscous_zpskl9n3bzj.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by cjs (Great dinner today!!...)
I made the scallop newburg dish---not a happy camper---I found these most beautiful scallops today for this dish that I have been wanting to do for a while. It needs more sauce and there was something not quite right with the ingredients. Maybe someone can enlighten me??

Scallops are one of my most FAVORITES....... I did chicken livers for Peter---he was a happy camper
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by Roxanne 21 (I made the scallop n...)
I'm sorry you weren't wild about the dish. I haven't made it myself because I think I really prefer scallops that are grilled or seared rather than baked and real saucy. But yet all the ingredients sound good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by Trixxee (I'm sorry you weren'...)
I'm sorry you didn't like it, Roxanne. We really liked it, and William is not a big scallop fan.

Ashley was running really late with dinner ingredients, so we decided to get pizzas. She talked me into the new to me DiGiono Thin Crust Pizzas. Cooked on my cast iron pizza pan on the grill was perfect. It was actually very crispy! At two for ten, I'd do it again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/6/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry you didn't...)
That's too bad about the scallops, Roxanne. It always boggles my mind when I see a recipe with ingredients I love, and then for the combination not to work out.
www.achefsjourney.com