Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making a new one today - Pastrami Salmon, a David Burke recipe. with some of my potatoes I dug yesterday. Beauties.

a mini-review from yesterday's 'snack' - I mashed up some potatoes, added cooked cauliflower, pepper jack & Swiss cheese and made twice-baked potatoes. They were delicious. I had enough to make 4 more, so have them in the freezer and anxious to see how they freeze.
[Image: Nov%207%20twice%20b.%20tatoes%20w%20caul...0o2t2i.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ina's perfect chicken with baked potato and a side salad. EASY PEASY!!!!!!!

After my bust yesterday, this will be delicious.

The scallops did not go to waste---I had them for lunch and for whatever reason, they were better today cold Million dollar scallops---will not be wasted!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Ina's perfect chicke...)
Today we are having dinner with our daughters and grandbabies. Heather and Holly will be 38 this year on Thanksgiving and Holly can't be here because they have to go to Toledo to be with Bob's family. So....we decided to have a fun dinner today to celebrate Ron's birthday and H&H's.

First up will be Jean's garlic shrimp, followed by and/or with the Southwest Orzo that I mentioned recently. Holly is going to bake some chicken breasts and Heather is making a salad and bringing tortilla chips and some kind of dip.

Also making the pavlova that I asked for help with. Thought we needed a dessert that wouldn't be too heavy. Ron keeps asking me when I'm going to make the pavlova ever since he tried it on vacation and fell in love with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by Mare749 (Today we are having ...)
Happy Birthday to Holly & Heather and of course, Ron!!! Have a great day by a great family!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by cjs (Happy Birthday to Ho...)
Happy Birthday to Ron and the girls. It's sounds like a fun day!

I'm doing the calzones again with a side salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by cjs (Happy Birthday to Ho...)
Sounds like a fun day MA.

Tony is making ham and 15 bean soup later on. For lunch we are having grilled bunless burgers (with cheese) and either cauliflower or green beans. I did not try very hard on my diet last week so it's back to the drawing board with less carbs and wine.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by Trixxee (Sounds like a fun da...)
Jean, those potatoes look so delicious.

Maryann, Sounds like a great day; family, food & birthdays.

It's Carylann's B'day today and because we went out for dinner Friday, she wasn't interested in going out tonight and had no requests for dinner, so it's going to be fontina stuffed chicken breast with cherry-port sauce and asparagus.

I'm also making the peanut butter banana bread and apple pie quick bread from issue #114 for her to take to work to celebrate her work anniversary.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by losblanos1 (Jean, those potatoes...)
Thanks everybody. I'll come back later with pictures. My camera is out and charged.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by Mare749 (Thanks everybody. I'...)
And of course, Happy Birthday to Carylann!!!! November what a month for birthdays!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/8/15?? by cjs (And of course, Happy...)
Adding my birthday wishes to Carlyann, as well!

You all share a birthday month with some of my most beloved people. My father and mother-in-law were born in November. Two people who loved life, family, cooking, and good food!

I raise my glass to you all! CHEERS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.