Salmon Cakes/Patties
  Re: (...)
I've been on a salmon cake/patty kick lately and yesterday I tried a new seasoning (to me) in them.

Green olives - Castelvetrano green olives to be exact. And, what a nice flavor they give the cakes.

This got me to thinking of what others might add to salmon cakes if you do make them.

Also, of course I've been brushing them with the jalapeno 'syrup' (what am I NOT using this for? ) which is just delicious.

Anyway, anyone??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Salmon Cakes/Patties by cjs (I've been on a salmo...)
I haven't made salmon cakes in years (not sure why) but what about capers? Or is that already a common ingredient?
  Re: Re: Salmon Cakes/Patties by Trixxee (I haven't made salmo...)
I thought about capers, too, Trixxee!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Salmon Cakes/Patties by Gourmet_Mom (I thought about cape...)
Don't know about common, but I have added capers successfully. I'm thinking there's not much that can't be added to these little goodies and taste great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Haven't made these like FOREVER!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I love LOVE salmon patties. I am more of a purist - eggs, salmon, potato flakes, dill, salt & pepper, onion, bell peppers, etc. I keep thinking I'm going to mix it up . . . but tradition rules.

Now I am thinking about this . . . capers, dill pickles . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!