Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I'm making a Cauliflower & Sausage roast and a green salad.

Yesterday I made a dish from Issue #64 (and, it was also in one of the Cuisine for Two books), Pork Chops Florentine with marinated tomatoes and goat cheese. Had a hard time rating it because when I got a bite of everything together, it was quite tasty, but individually the parts were just eehhh. So, I guess an 8 will do it. the tomatoes with goat cheese was good and will probably do again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making Sherry-Braised Beef Short Ribs with Julia Child's Potato Dauphinois Gratin for a side. Never made this potato dish before! Channeling Julia!! Will be drinking a little wine while preparing!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by BarbaraS (I'm making Sherry-Br...)
Bought a beautiful rack of baby back ribs for $2.77/lb yesterday. Will slow cook those in the oven for 3 hours and then throw on the grill. Just boxed au gratin's with it, and some fresh asparagus - also on sale!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by Trixxee (Bought a beautiful r...)
Leftover meatloaf, baked potato and broccoli gratin.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Leftover meatloaf, b...)
We are using up leftover hamburgers and salad for a Taco Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are using up left...)
I am making Ron's once a year favorite dinner, liver and onions, mashed potatoes and frozen peas. His b-day was actually yesterday, but this meal got bumped to today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by Mare749 (I am making Ron's on...)
Birthday dinners are fun - enjoy Ron!!

I made a new dish today adapted from a Diana Rattray - Southern Food Expert recipe, Cauliflower & Sausage Roast with Cheddar Cheese. It was a very tasty, easy to put together dinner. I used less sausage and cheddar cheese and it was still very flavorful! (called for 6 oz. cheese and 12 oz. sausage.)

[Image: Nov%2014%20Cauliflower%20sausage%20Roast...ymejoo.jpg]

[Image: Nov%2014%20Cauliflower%20Sausage%20roast...cgjllk.jpg]
Cauliflower and Sausage Roast With Cheddar Cheese
Adapted from a Diana Rattray - Southern Food Expert recipe

1 large head cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 1/2 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning, preferably salt-free (I used Tony C’s)
1 to 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp salt, if the Cajun seasoning blend is salt free
2 Tbs olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
6 oz. smoked or uncured sausage, such as andouille, a lighter chicken sausage, or your favorite, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds (cut the rounds in half to make them go further & use less)
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

1. Heat the oven to 425° F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or grease lightly with a little olive oil or butter.

2. In a large bowl toss the cauliflower with the seasoning blend, parsley, pepper, and salt, if using. Set aside.

3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sausage. Cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 4 minutes.

4. Add the sausage and onion mixture to the cauliflower.

5. Toss, drizzling with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Blend all ingredients thoroughly.

6. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and browned. Stir once or twice during the roasting time. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, return to the oven, and continue baking for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Yield: Serves 6
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by cjs (Birthday dinners are...)
Happy B'day to Ron.

We were going to do pizza, but slid that out to tomorrow for the game. Tonight it's tarragon cream chicken with asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by losblanos1 (Happy B'day to Ron.[...)
I made Chicken Parmesan last night over linguine. Very good! All that molten mozzarella goodness. Shoulda took a pic!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/14/15?? by luvnit (I made Chicken Parme...)
Hi stranger! Yes, you should have.
www.achefsjourney.com