Fantastic cookies
  Re: (...)
This makes A LOT! Made these today to keep in the freezer and take out a few at a time for the parents and for Ron's lunches. We are really impressed with how good these are. The dough looks heavy when you are mixing, but they bake up light and crispy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/53211/wilde...earch%20results

This made so much dough that I had to transfer out of my kitchenAid mixing bowl to a larger bowl and Ron had to stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Fantastic cookies by Mare749 (This makes A LOT! M...)
Those look delicious! Copied and saved.
  Re: Fantastic cookies by Mare749 (This makes A LOT! M...)
I'm hooked and will certainly make up a batch.

I like the review of the author:
"Okay, so I know this is my own recipe, but that makes me entitled to a review, right??? I had a friend who made these for Bunco one night, and she said she makes a batch of the dough, rolls it in saran and freezes it. Just slice and bake. There was absolutely no difference in flavor (I have had these so many times I'm definitely and expert...) and the texture was perfect. "

thanks Maryann - I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by cjs (I'm hooked and will ...)
Oh those sound good! I bought some cookie ingredients today - heath bits as one of the ingredients. I hope there is a recipe on the bag because while I know I've used them before, I have no idea of what kind of cookie I made.
  Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by Trixxee (Oh those sound good!...)
Add them to these
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by cjs (Add them to these...)
I'm sure they would be good in this cookie, Jean, as well as anything else that someone might want to sub like white chocolate chips, a different nut or dried fruit.

Just got these packed up and in the freezer. Thought I should come back and mention two things. First, I used Land 'O Lakes margarine instead of butter. For some reason I have better luck with cookies if I use margarine or shortening. Second, using a heaping tableware teaspoon yielded over ninety 3-inch cookies.
Maryann

Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by Mare749 (I'm sure they would ...)
These look delicious! Maryann, did you use the raisins and coconut? If not, how did you compensate for the two cups of ingredients? More chocolate and nuts?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by Gourmet_Mom (These look delicious...)
Sorry I wasn't more clear, Daphne. I followed the recipe exactly except for subbing margarine for the butter. The coconut and raisins were in a bowl with the nuts and chocolate chips. When it got to be too much dough for my mixing bowl, I just dumped everything into a larger bowl and Ron stirred it all together with a big wooden spoon.

Next time I will probably just cut the recipe in half so it's not so much dough to mix at one time, although it was really nice to have so many cookies to put into the freezer.
Maryann

Re: Re: Fantastic cookies by Mare749 (Sorry I wasn't more ...)
Thanks, Maryann. When you mentioned Ron mixing in the chips and nuts, I kinda assumed. In addition, I would not want the coconut and raisins in mine.

A suggestion. I think I read this in the comments....freeze the dough in logs and slice off to bake later?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.