Kombucha
  Re: (...)
Anyone here make their own? I just got my scoby from a friend and in about 2 weeks I'll be making my first batch. Very excited. Fermented stuff just fascinates me!
  Re: Kombucha by DFen911 (Anyone here make the...)
Well, that was educational! I had never heard of Kombucha and scoby before. I hope you'll share your experience, Denise.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kombucha by Gourmet_Mom (Well, that was educa...)
Nope - not a tea drinker here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kombucha by cjs (Nope - not a tea dri...)
I have heard of this and the health benefits. As Daphne said, hope you share your experience. Very interesting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Kombucha by Mare749 (I have heard of this...)
I'll post pictures of my scoby that is sitting happily on my stove right now. And Jean you can do it with coffee instead of tea
  Re: Re: Kombucha by DFen911 (I'll post pictures o...)
interesting
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kombucha by cjs (interesting...)
Here is my starter

[Image: kombucha%20starter_zps0fmddvw5.jpg]" />
  Re: Re: Kombucha by DFen911 (Here is my starter [...)
And you are supposed to drink that???? I'm thinking Denise has been sneaking those jello shots on the side!
  Re: Re: Kombucha by iBcookin (And you are supposed...)
Well this is just my starter. Later this week I'll 1 gallon of fresh brewed black tea and sugar. It will ferment and I'll drain off 1/2 and put it in bottles in my fridge to drink. That will be it's second ferment when I'll add fruit juice or flavors. Then I treat like sour dough starter, remove 1/2 add 1/2