Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Back to normal food for us - leftover chicken and rice w/a salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Freezer diving and came up with meatloaf. Will make some broccoli with it and that might be it.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by Trixxee (Freezer diving and c...)
I took out some chicken. That's as far as I got. I thinking buffalo style. Gonna start getting cold tonight. It's 34 as I type at 8:45am. Tonight suppose to be in the 20's. Can't wait till Thursday!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by DFen911 (I took out some chic...)
The low's here all week are in the mid 20's, I can't wait for Thursday either.

Chicken piccata is on the menu today. I'm also making the strombolis from issue #109 for a potluck at work tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by losblanos1 (The low's here all w...)
Yes, it's cold here too! Woke up to a dusting of snow. But, it's suppose to warm up later this week.

Tonight I made kung pao chicken, jasmine rice, and peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by Mare749 (Yes, it's cold here ...)
Wow, I can't believe how far two 'large' chix breasts can go. We had the l/os of the chicken w/honey/mustard & curry with the coconut rice and still have some left.

Divided it up between two bowls of boxed Pacifica Rstd. Red Pepper & Tomato soup for a couple of later snacks. Four meals out of 2 chix breasts....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by cjs (Wow, I can't believe...)
It's amazing to me how large chicken breasts have become. Turkey breasts, too! I just picked up the boneless turkey breast I'm going to sous vide for Thanksgiving and it weighs 4.85 pounds! I was going to do two so that we'd have plenty of leftovers, but I think almost 5 pounds of turkey breast meat will probably be sufficient...

Tonight we had Korean Tacos for dinner. They are always delicious.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by karyn (It's amazing to me h...)
I agree on the size of chicken pieces. William's running commentary is, "That chicken was a chick 'insert two months ago.'" Living in an area that is a major producer of poultry and pork, the things I hear are disturbing to say the least.

We had pizza for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree on the size ...)
Chicken sizes are nuts. If you ever look at a Julia Child recipe involving chicken, she calls for 3 1/2 pound chicken. Here, you cannot find one that small.

But yet, if you bought a rotissiere chicken from anywhere but Costco, they are small.

I don't understand........
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/23/15?? by Trixxee (Chicken sizes are nu...)
Me either! Is it any wonder cancer is so rampant in our country?!?!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.