Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're stretching our anniversary celebrating out by going out to our one real fine dining place here in town with friends whose anniversary is today.

C'est Si Bon

Escargot, here I come!!!!

P.S. Does anyone else get the magazine Plate??? Wow, evidently the trend for 2016 is Game and the whole magazine is dedicated to wild game and the ideas are outstanding!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think we're just going to have some old school tacos tonight. Have to do set-up for tomorrow. We're going to be packed in here like sardines for dinner tomorrow!

What are you going to order for dinner, Jean? That rack of lamb is calling my name...and escargot, of course!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by Mare749 (I think we're just g...)
Something light - chicken tortilla soup made from store bought baked chicken pieces.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by Trixxee (Something light - ch...)
The beef tenderloin w/ cassis is calling my name. We're going to be packed like sardines also, for four and a half hours.

Dinner is Chinese almond chicken w/ jasmine rice, but tortilla soup would have been more appropriate.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by losblanos1 (The beef tenderloin ...)
decisions, decisions.... I don't know yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by cjs (decisions, decisions...)
Personally, I'm all over the lamb tenderloins, but everything looks delicious. Have fun Jean! Your anniversary this year reminds me of birthdays when my boys were little....there would be the pre-school birthday, the family birthday, and the neighborhood & friends birthday at a minimum....they thought their birthday was a week-long celebration!

We're doing soup tonight as well. John's choice is almost always onion bisque so that's what we're having. I'm making a cranberry-avocado salad with candied almonds to serve with the soup.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by karyn (Personally, I'm all ...)
ohhh, "cranberry-avocado salad with candied almonds" doesn't this sound good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by losblanos1 (The beef tenderloin ...)
Quote:

Dinner is Chinese almond chicken w/ jasmine rice, but tortilla soup would have been more appropriate.

That's why we're having it - because we can't fit into your suitcases! Safe travels Blane.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Peter was not feeling well soooooo bland was the choice tonight---eggs, bagel with cream cheese and lox...salad for me with a scrambled egg. sigh!!!!

That chinese almond chicken always catches my eye---if someone could post the recipe I will always be grateful
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 11/25/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Peter was not feelin...)
Thank you Trixxee. I'm pretty sure that you and your family can fit into CA's new suitcase, it's so big that it has four wheels. It's 39 degrees here, PV? 91.

Roxanne, here's how I make the almond chicken. I don't do step 3 anymore, it's not really needed. I also use a Cuisine at home batter recipe that is awesome, it's from issue #105, I use the boxed for when I'm in a hurry.

Chinese Almond Chicken

1 Jar or can of chicken gravy
1 box Beer batter
4 T toasted slivered almonds
2 chicken breasts sliced in half
2 T Sherry
Kosher salt
Shredded lettuce- divided
Scallions sliced thin (Optional)

Heat up deep fryer to 375

1- Pour gravy into a small sauce pan, heat until warm.

2- Lightly toast almonds in a small sauté pan over med. high heat.

3- In a bowl, coat chicken with sherry and a few pinches of salt, let sit for 15 minutes.

4- Mix beer batter according to box.

5- Dip chicken into batter, fry one at a time until golden brown. Keep warm by tenting with foil or in a 200 degree oven.

6- Place shredded lettuce on dinner plates, slice chicken into strips and place on lettuce, top with gravy, toasted almond and scallions.

Cuisine at Home beer batter

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. each baking powder, kosher salt, and Old Bay seasoning
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 bottle cold lager beer (12 oz.)
Whisk together 1 cup flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, Old Bay, and 1/4 tsp.cayenne, then whisk in beer until smooth. Chill batter 15–30 minutes.