Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!!
  Re: (...)
Tomorrow is the day!! After giving thanks for all we have, what are you most looking forward - food wise?????

For me, one thing......the only pie I have to leave a knife in so I can grab a slice everytime I walk by the fridge!!

[Image: Nov%2027%20Pumpkin%20Pie_zps6yqi8shi.jpg]
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by cjs (Tomorrow is the day!...)
Happy thanksgiving to all!!!!! It is always a special day for us----even though the day is not celebrated here.

NO turkey as mentioned previously but we are going to have DUCK a l'orange, duchess potatoes a spinach puff and pumpkin pie (courtesy of Barbara's gift)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by Roxanne 21 (Happy thanksgiving t...)
My mom's potatoes, and I always love stuffing. My SIL's best friend is making it and I have total confidence in her cooking skills. And honestly, I'm looking forward to Tony's Brussels sprouts with bacon.

Since my brother just got remarried 2 1/2 years ago there are new people (including 14 month old cute as can be baby Jack) and new traditions involved I'm just thankful that we are all together. Divorce and new marriages can present issues - not here. That says a lot for everyone.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by Trixxee (My mom's potatoes, a...)
My favorite is my mother's dressing! Especially with her giblet gravy on it! Can't wait!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by Gourmet_Mom (My favorite is my mo...)
For me, it's all about the stuffing and gravy. And, my mother-in-law's pumpkin pie if it gets made. I have back-up dessert just in case.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by Mare749 (For me, it's all abo...)
Forgot to add...

Time table just got a final tweek, house and kitchen is ready to go, and ingredients out and organized by dish. I also have three good sou chefs on standby with duties designated. I think we are good to go for a successful dinner scheduled for 1 pm tomorrow. Mom will probably be late, so this will be the first time Ashley and I execute her dressing and gravy without her. Fingers crossed!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!! See you tomorrow evening as I sip wine while my three loving sous chefs clean up my kitchen!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by cjs (Tomorrow is the day!...)
Jean, two things, cornbread dressing and a poem for your dessert, "if you ever taste that sweet potato sin, you won't want Punkin again", pie that is . Have a great Thanksgiving!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by Old Bay (Jean, two things, co...)
Jean,

Why not leave a fork, instead of a knife, in the pie. It's more direct that way.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tomorrow is THE BEST FOOD DAY OF THE YEAR!! by labradors (Jean, [br][br]Why no...)
all good ideas, guys!!

Both pies are made and also the Monkey bread. I'm putting sweats on and we're ready for the party. Even have a drink bartender at this party...... oh-oh.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com