Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Freezer diving for us today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Thanksgiving Soup or Sweet Potato Pancakes with sausage. Waiting for Ashley to tell me which she wants. She's not going to be here tonight. So it depends on which she's willing to miss out on.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanksgiving Soup or...)
Freezer diving as well. I have to clean out the freezer before Wendy and Henrietta visit in January.....YIPPEEEEE!!!! We have so many goodies in there that I have overlooked for too long. Fish chowder tonight with grilled cheese sammies and a salad.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Freezer diving as we...)
I am making this soup using turkey broth instead of vegetarian broth. Roxanne's mention of turkey clubs sounded so good that I think we will have those on the side. The little bit of turkey that is left will go into the freezer until Ron gets back from hunting. That's when I make his mom's famous homemade noodles in turkey broth.

Spicy Miso and Pumpkin Soup

This comes from Delicious Living and this is what they say: "Sweet and spicy, this thick soup uses a white miso base for flavor and nutrition. Serving tip: Present as an elegant start to any meal. For a more substantial soup, add cooked white beans and a handful of baby spinach leaves just before serving. "

1 Tbs olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 cup water
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 cup plain soymilk
3 Tbs white miso
1/2 cup fresh basil leaf
roasted soybeans, for garnish

1. In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.

2. Add pumpkin purée, broth, water, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.

3. Add soy milk and miso; cook for 1 minute more (do not boil).

4. Transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth.

5. Add basil and purée for 30 seconds. Adjust seasonings to taste.

6. Serve hot, sprinkled with soy nuts.

Servings: 6

Source: food.com
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by Mare749 (I am making this sou...)
Total splurge tonight. Picked up a 6 oz filet at the market then went to a seafood place and got a 13 oz lobster tail and two clusters of the biggest snow crab legs I've ever seen. Crab legs for me, surf and turf for him.

Barbara<~~~setting up the instruments for mass crab destruction
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by BarbaraS (Total splurge tonigh...)
Changed my mind! I'm crashing at Barbara's house!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Changed my mind! I'...)
On my way too, Daphne!!

Maryann - soup sounds great and it's copied and saved. Let us know how you like it (how could you not)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by cjs (On my way too, Daphn...)
Hey Daphne, since you're going to Barbara's, can I have your sweet potato pancakes? I've never had any before and they sound delicious.

Today I'm making chicken parmesan for dinner. We just don't feel like going out.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Changed my mind! I'...)
You're welcome any time!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/28/15?? by cjs (On my way too, Daphn...)
Quote:

Maryann - soup sounds great and it's copied and saved. Let us know how you like it (how could you not)

This soup is absolutely delicious! It's pretty spicy so for those who don't like heat, I would leave out the red pepper and maybe just use the white pepper. It's really nice for a starter, but when I reheat the rest tomorrow, I think it would be good with a few beans and some spinach as mentioned by the author.
[Image: spicy%20miso%20and%20pumpkin%20soup_zpszzzuxbjf.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."