Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing
  Re: (...)
My mother's favorite salad comes from Fishy Fishy Cafe. It's called an Apple Harvest Salad. It has spinach, apples, dried cranberries, candied pecans and Asiago Cheese. I asked the chef for the dressing recipe, but the waitress told me they buy it from their food service provider. I've googled it and have a couple plans, but I decided you guys may have a tried and true recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (My mother's favorite...)
Daphne, I can't remember when I made this, but I think we really liked it. It has anchovies (can't remember if this is a no-no in your kitchen or not.)

I will make this tomorrow and test it again and let you know.

Boquerones (Anchovy) and Bacon Vinaigrette

collected as Mississippi recipes on the big trip

1–2 boquerones or anchovies, sliced or chopped
3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (drippings reserved)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs bacon drippings (warm)

1. Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl.

2. Can be made ahead to let the flavors develop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing by cjs (Daphne, I can't reme...)
That is exactly what I would put on a salad like that. It sounds delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing by Mare749 (That is exactly what...)
Looks like I'll be playing with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette in the next few days. And I just so happen to have some bacon in the fridge. Just need a lemon for this recipe. I have everything for the ones I found googling and in the C@H Library.

Jean, about how much anchovy paste would you say? One or two teaspoons?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (Looks like I'll be p...)
I'd say the equivalent of 1 or 2 anchovies should do it. I'm so anxious to try this again - especially after the salad we had today - see the dinner thread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing by cjs (I'd say the equivale...)
Thanks, Jean. I'm going to start with one teaspoon of paste and go from there after tasting. Your salad looks yummy!
Daphne