for pizza bakers
  Re: (...)
Read this in a newsletter this morning. Wondering if any pizza bakers have tried this.

Tip: Brioche isn’t just a loaf—make “pizza” with the dough instead.
Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi

“Hardly a pizza (but we couldn’t think of a more suitable name), this is the ultimate comfort snack. The buttery, slightly sweet brioche makes a superior base for the salty feta and sour tomatoes.”

How-to: Roll out brioche dough and cut into 3 1/2- by 4-inch rounds, about 3/4-inch thick. Allow to rise until doubled in height (1 to 2 hours). As for pizza toppings, the book’s recipe has oven-dried tomatoes flecked with dried mint, caramelized onions, feta, olive, and flat-leaf parsley leaves (for garnish), but whatever you choose to top with, do so generously as “the size of the dough will increase substantially in the oven.” Bake “pizzas” at 325° F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: for pizza bakers by Mare749 (Read this in a newsl...)
hmmm, well you know I'll be trying this. And I do have a great brioche bun recipe I just started using.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: for pizza bakers by Mare749 (Read this in a newsl...)
Hmmmm interesting Maryann. Does that mean that I have to make my own Brioche? YIKES!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: for pizza bakers by Roxanne 21 (Hmmmm interestin...)
It's really a very easy dough to work with, Roxanne. I will be trying this one shortly. I'm also curious how this would work for calzones, like a nice ham and cheese.
Maryann

Re: Re: for pizza bakers by Mare749 (It's really a very e...)
I will have to try this sometime. Sounds great!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: for pizza bakers by luvnit (I will have to try t...)
Rereading this post - this sounds like such a fun idea. I've got a couple of rounds of dough left in the freezer then I can play with this. Thanks Maryann for sharing this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: for pizza bakers by cjs (Rereading this post ...)
My pleasure and I can't wait to hear what you think about this combination. I hope to get around to it soon!
Maryann