Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51
  Re: (...)
I'm finally going to make this tonight. I was waiting for my husband to go out of town so I could make it. He hates salmon! Got all my ingredients, and I'm ready to cook. Oh, and I'm making the pineapple cilantro rice with it too. I'm very excited about this dish as I've been wanting to make it for a while now! Will post results later...
Tammy
  Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by TwilightKitten (I'm finally going to...)
I am not a big fan of salmon myself except homemade lox but...my really good friend makes it ALL the time and I actually tried it at her house with cilantro rice. It is delicious.
  Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by TwilightKitten (I'm finally going to...)
It's always great when we are able to try something our better half may not enjoy!!! I always do this when DH is away---not very often though. FUNNY---that was something I was going to do on his next trip---mid-May sometime. Share your results TK---is it worth the effort?? SURE looks great! If it is good on my end---DH will get the 'benefits' of my solo experiment!!! BUT I need a back-up!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by Roxanne 21 (It's always great wh...)
Ok...I'm a little miffed. I actually looked at recipe TIMES so I would know which dish to make first. I should've made the rice first but it said the rice only takes 25 minutes and the salmon takes an hour. No. My rice is still cooking and my salmon has already been eaten.

How was it? Well, I really liked the flavors, and I actually liked the sauce...wine, sugar, ginger, and lime juice. I'm not a huge fan of ginger so I used 1 T instead of 2. It smelled a little odd while it was cooking but it turned out to be pretty tasty and it went nicely with the spicy salmon. The salmon---I overcooked it and am not happy about it. I prefer slightly underdone than overdone. I baked it for 30 minutes..the recipe said 30-45. 45 minutes and it would have been inedible! Next time, and I think there will be a next time, I won't cook it as long. It was a pretty thick piece of fish too so I don't know what I did wrong.

The stupid rice is taking WAY longer to cook than 25 minutes! Maybe I turned the heat down too low. *sigh* It really looks good though and I think it's just about done. I'll review it later.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by TwilightKitten (Ok...I'm a little mi...)
Ok...tasted the rice. It's good but would have been even better with the fish....Oh, well...can't win them all.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by TwilightKitten (Ok...tasted the rice...)
Tammy....doesn't it "irk" you when a recipe doesn't come out like you hoped? I'm surprised about your rice though...

I've had that problems with beans before. It's like they cook and cook and never get completely tender. With our environment.., who knows!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by piano226 (I am not a big fan o...)
I find that I really like wild Pacific salmon. It is a cut above "Atlantic Salmon" which in North America means farm raised. The next time you try salmon give the rich red Pacific salmon a try. The best is Copper River salmon that comes out in June.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Slow-Roasted Chipotle Salmon Issue 51 by Old Bay (I find that I really...)
Thanks...it was wild salmon too...even more heartbreaking that I ruined it! I used to like that farm-raised stuff until I had wild....now I won't eat it. I spoiled myself!
Tammy