Sunday's dinner 12/06/15
  Re: (...)
Where is everybody??

First night of Hanukkah and I was going to do a brisket, latkes and kugel------------WHAAAA!!! The brisket I came home with was ALL fat---YUCK!!! I will hit the market tomorrow and get a better cut---maybe. This is the first brisket I have attempted and sad to say---a TOTAL BUST!! Confusedad:

We will light the candles on the menorah anyway....Í'm freezer diving frantically!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by Roxanne 21 (Where is everybody??...)
Roxanne, that's a bummer! Hope you find something else suitable for dinner. Will you be making a special dinner every night?

Tonight we are going to have a six layer lasagna that I made yesterday. After making the pot of homemade sauce, I got in the mood to make fresh pasta. So, did that, then turned it into a huge lasagna. L/os will go into foodsaver bags to be frozen.

ETA: My raviolis were a bust. Way too fussy for my patience level. So, that is how the fresh pasta was turned into a lasagna.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by Mare749 (Roxanne, that's a bu...)
What a shame Roxanne! Thanks for starting this thread for all of us.

Maryann, the way I feel, I want to come and stay on your couch and consume all that comfort food!

I'm going to have milk toast all day!!! We'll find something for Roy in the freezer.

P.S. I slept for 11 hours last night - which is unheard of for me!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by cjs (What a shame Roxanne...)
I was going to do a leg of lamb but it's still not thawed, so that will be tomorrows dinner. Gonna have do freezer diving for tonight
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by DFen911 (I was going to do a ...)
Oh, Roxanne, that really stinks! Good luck with Plan B!

We're having an old favorite, Basque Saute of Chicken Breasts. I'll serve it with a lemon pilaf. I'm looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by karyn (Oh, Roxanne, that re...)
Happy Hanukkah Roxanne!! And everyone else celebrating the holiday!

We're just having Italian, BUT! with the Sweet Basil and Garlic sauce we bought at the Italian Market during my birthday. O.M.G. I just opened the jar and it is amazing!! Made with San Marzano tomatoes and NO preservatives at all. Hubby instantly asked if it can be ordered online because he doesn't want to go back over there and pay the bridge toll and drive around while I pick up some bottles.

There's a word for that.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by BarbaraS (Happy Hanukkah Roxan...)
Sorry about the brisket fiasco, Roxanne. I hope you have better luck tomorrow. Happy Hanukkah!

Maryann, you have my address! Send lasagna, ASAP!

Eleven hours?!?! CRAZY!

We are doing a big chef salad with all the goodies!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry about the bris...)
Tony is flying home from Rhode Island and will miss dinner so I've got it easy again. I think I'm just going to make a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich for me, and chicken fingers and leftover pasta for Michael.
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by Trixxee (Tony is flying home ...)
Oh Karyn, I'm so glad I cam back to read the posts of the last few days. This Basque chicken dish sounds so good. Copied and on the list! Thanks.

Barbara......are you my secret santa??????????????? "Sweet Basil and Garlic sauce we bought at the Italian Market"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's dinner 12/06/15 by cjs (Oh Karyn, I'm so gla...)
Another good sounding recipe. Thanks, Karyn!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."