Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot! What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having leftover turkey noodle soup - it's so good.

[Image: 2015-12-12%2021.00.54_zps5plhbsau.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by cjs (Almost forgot! What'...)
What a great photo. That soup looks scrumptious! Can't wait to make it!

We're having dinner at Heather's house tonight. Since we are having unusually warm weather here, James is smoking a brisket. Ron is roasting a pork loin on the grill (with just a bit of smoke) that was already planned for today.

I'm taking scalloped potatoes and Heather is doing a veg.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by Mare749 (What a great photo. ...)
Thanks, Maryann. Ohhhhhh, to grill again! I'll grill in snow, but not rain.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by cjs (Thanks, Maryann. Ohh...)
That soup looks so delicious! Is that poblano peppers? Recipe?

Issue #115 is online and I'm making the Mexican meatballs with chipotle sauce from it. Lunch is a Cubano for the Hawks game.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by losblanos1 (That soup looks so d...)
Yes - I'll be back with the recipe.

Edited to add recipe - here you go Blane!

Turkey Noodle Poblano Soup
a Chef's Journey recipe

Everyone needs a turkey noodle soup recipe, one of the best dishes you can make for your family from a turkey carcass. Adding a can of mushroom soup adds just the correct amount of creaminess and the poblano just a touch of heat. I’m old enough to think Campbell soups have a place in every kitchen and I love adding them to homemade dishes with no guilt at all.

1 T. oil
1/2 medium sized yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely sliced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbs fresh basil, julienned or 1/2 T. dried
2 tsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
2 1/2 quarts chicken stock or half stock/half water (10 cups)
1 can Campbell’s Mushroom soup
1 roasted poblano chili, diced (preferably roasted)
Salt & pepper
1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups fresh spinach, (packed) coarsely chopped
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups egg noodles, uncooked

1. In a large soup pot cook the onion in the oil over low heat until just limp, 10 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano and continue cooking for 10 minutes more.

2. Add the stock, mushroom soup and chili; bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper to taste. Add the beans, spinach, turkey and noodles; cook until noodles are tender, 7-8 minutes.

Cook’s notes:
(1) I hope you keep Parmesan rinds, because this soup just calls out for pieces of rind added with the stock. They are nice little surprises when your spoon picks one up in the soup. Cut them to about 1/2" squares.
(2) If you have holiday gravy leftover, add it to the soup in place of the mushroom soup for a wonderful flavor.

www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by cjs (Yes - I'll be back w...)
We are having chicken soft tacos and I think Tony is going to make some Spanish rice (not from a box).
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by Trixxee (We are having chicke...)
I want to eat at Heather's house! Smoked brisket? Yummm!!!!

We're having chicken mole enchiladas. They're super easy once you've spent a day making the mole sauce! Today, I just need to do the assembly, but my sauce supply is getting low, so I'll probably be making more over my winter break. I'm making a salad as an attempt to eat healthy.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by karyn (I want to eat at Hea...)
Hmmm, down to one awaiting winter break....Daphne, don't you gloat now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by cjs (Hmmm, down to one aw...)
I couldn't do that. Karyn hearing you mention it just makes me realize how grateful I am!

We had a late lunch at our favorite seafood place in the city, so William ate an apple and I'm having a salad for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/13/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I couldn't do that. ...)
Thanks for the recipe Jean. Going on the menu very soon. I like the leftover gravy idea a lot.