Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having movie night with friends and she is making a big pot of Chili and we drew names, so another Secret Santa party.

Mid-day we're having pizza using the leftover ribs and kraut.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having chicken noodle soup. Tony's having some MORE dental work done (to the tune of $11,000 -aghhh) so planning on something soft.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Trixxee (We are having chicke...)
Yikes, that's a major dental bill! Sorry to hear that, Trixxee.

We are having pot roast, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. I made a loaf of homestyle bread to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Mare749 (Yikes, that's a majo...)
I sure hope that's not out of pocket. Wow! $11,000.00.

We're having Southwestern tenderloin steaks with chipotle mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by losblanos1 (I sure hope that's n...)
100% out of pocket. All cosmetic. Composite veneers. I cannot wait to see when it's all done. Apparently it's just two appointments, albeit long ones. He'll be done on 12/28. A new smile for a new year.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Trixxee (100% out of pocket. ...)
Argh, I'd hate that!!

It's been a while for pizza. What a great use of leftover braised sauerkraut and pork ribs.

[Image: Dec%2017%20Kraut%20Rib%20pizza%20_zpsytw82lj6.jpg]

Also, had a Ftezer Gewurztraminer Wine open also and really good match
[/URL]]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...jpg[/IMG][/url]

[Image: Dec%2017%20Zin%20for%20pizza_zpsdyzgysfj.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Trixxee (100% out of pocket. ...)
My husband would love to have that done, Trixxee! He had a high fever as a child when his permanent teeth were coming in, and his teeth are slightly grey/discolored.

Have fun, Jean!

We had Chicken Piccatta, Ashley's request. We had peas leftover from last night on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (My husband would lov...)
Now, there's a dish I haven't made in a long time and we both love it - Chicken piccatta! thanks for the reminder.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by cjs (Now, there's a dish ...)
I appreciate the reminder as well. In fact, I have a whole list of Cuisine recipes that I made a while back then never used. Need to get that out and look at it again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/17/15?? by Mare749 (I appreciate the rem...)
Post it Maryann - we all seem to love the same food!!
www.achefsjourney.com