Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

Freezer eating here until Christmas Eve.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Since we are shopping in the city, we will pick up a take and bake pizza on the way out of town.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since we are shoppin...)
I'm going to put some babyback ribs in the crockpot, then will finish in the broiler. French fries and coleslaw on the side.

Thought I would share an "oh, poor me" story. Every year I bake a ton of cookies and make up trays for family and a few friends, usually 7 to 10 varieties. Snowballs are one of the favorites, so I always have to make several batches. So, I got all the cookies done last week and had most in air-tight containers, except for the snowballs, which were piled up on a meat platter and covered in plastic wrap. All the cookies were on a bench in an unheated room off the kitchen.

Well, I must have not closed that door completely after dinner and while Ron and I were watching a movie, Charlie managed to get in there. I got up at one point and saw him sitting behind my chair eating a snowball. We found the whole platter on the floor, cookies everywhere.

So, now you know what I'll be doing today...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by Mare749 (I'm going to put som...)
Oh-Oh Charlie!! It's a wonder he didn't heave all over the house.

Darn it - I want to eat out of the freezer for the next few days, but yesterday Roy brought home a bottle of 7 Deadly Zin for me and of course first thing popped into my mind is RIBs - and now you have to mention them, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by cjs (Oh-Oh Charlie!! It's...)
Oh no Maryann!

We are having leftover chicken enchiladas.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by Trixxee (Oh no Maryann! [br]...)
Poor Maryann! Charlie, you naughty boy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Maryann! Charl...)
Oh, that's so upsetting, Maryann. I hope Charlie didn't top things off by getting sick!

Tonight, we're finally doing the brie-stuffed pork tenderloin with cherry port sauce that everyone raved about. However, I could only get the tiniest tenderloins I've every seen (each was just over half a pound), so I'm doing two mini roasts instead of on small one. I'm really looking forward to it and in honor of Blane's gorgeous photos, I'm serving it with roasted asparagus..
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by karyn (Oh, that's so upsett...)
What a bummer Maryann.

Karyn, I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did and thank you for the compliment.

Tonight's dinner is pork tenderloin cutlets with a blackberry-zinfandel sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by losblanos1 (What a bummer Maryan...)
Thanks for all the sympathy, everyone. Charlie actually had the nerve to follow me around the kitchen this morning wagging his tail and sniffing the oven with the cookies baking. Not a guilty bone in his body.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/21/15?? by Mare749 (Thanks for all the s...)
www.achefsjourney.com