Anova Precision Cooker
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by Cubangirl (I just got an email ...)
Got the same email since I had been looking into that site. How well do you know that site? Is it worthwhile?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by labradors (Got the same email s...)
I've found it very useful as a reference. Sous Vide is still new enough there isn't a lot of it in any one place. I have registered for free, but not paid for any classes. Serious Eats also has a lot of info.
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by Cubangirl (I've found it very u...)
"Fuzzy" is still trying to work with me, but I'm probably going to bypass. I have enough trouble with the 'Group' forum. Have been knocked off twice and both times had to resort to re-registering, which means my recipes are scatter all over hell.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by cjs ("Fuzzy" is still try...)
I am sorry Jean. Your email looks to be a very old one, so it is possible you were hacked at some point and may not even know it. One easy solution is to get a free Gmail address and use it just for that forum. Cookaholics is really worthwhile and it is spam free.

I have 3 main email addresses. One for family, close friends and banks, another for "trusted" vendors, forums, etc., and third for sites that I think might give it out to others, or sites that require you to register and then send you emails that I don't particularly want. The latter I can ignore emails and trash them without problems. Usually your ISP provider will give you at least one email for free.
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by Cubangirl (I am sorry Jean. You...)
Never had a problem with others.

I do have 2 email addresses.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by cjs (Never had a problem ...)
I just saw a link on Serious Eats about getting started with sous vide. Here it is. It gives basic information and recipes. Enjoy!
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by karyn (I just saw a link on...)
thanks for your input Karyn - have bookmarked the site. Mine should be here this week.

I think I'll go back and search all your (you all) posts on this and make some more notes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by cjs (thanks for your inpu...)
That's an interesting read. Thanks, Karyn!

Jean, looks like you're going to beat me to it for sure. With taxes coming up and the recent diagnosis of Cricket, or Lab, we will be dealing with some serious expenses in the next few months.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by Gourmet_Mom (That's an interestin...)
Thanks for the link, Karyn!! I'm really, really interested in this.

Daphne, I'm guessing you're talking about your pets. Been there, done that, hope all goes well in that department.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Anova Precision Cooker by BarbaraS (Thanks for the link,...)
Oh, good luck with Cricket!! Not a good way to start the year.

Well, mine ought to be here by the end of the week.....
www.achefsjourney.com