Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers here - ham and potato gratins and another batch of Brussels sprouts, bacon & pecans.

I was the lucky recipient of 4 (!) foodie baskets for Christmas and I'm just having a great time going thru item by item.

Had fun with a jar of beets yesterday - these are so good. made a goat cheese green salad adding them and making a vinaigrette with the 'brine' on the beets. very tasty.

[Image: eacc44c2-b2e0-4bf4-8b10-90dc4ed589c5_zpsl552gjlr.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, you must be having a blast with all those goodies, Jean! I'm looking forward to hearing what you do with each one.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner right now. I'm going to a play this afternoon with Heather and the kiddies, so just might be Chinese take-out when we get back.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by Mare749 (Well, you must be ha...)
My "other" daughter is getting married today!! I am just beside myself so we'll be having a catered dinner
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by DFen911 (My "other" daughter ...)
Jean, William would be envious of those beets, and the salad!

Have fun, Maryann! Time to sit back and relax, in my opinion!

Denise, I didn't realize you had two daughters? Have a good time!

Mom insisted on purchasing a spiral sliced ham on sale last week to bake and bring for Christmas. Baked up, it was too dry for my taste, as expected. That said, I'm repurposing it. I'm chilling a batch of ham salad for lunch and boiling off the bone for split pea soup for dinner with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, William would ...)
I love beets in almost any form these days, so I'm with William on this one. Enjoy, Jean!

I hope you had a terrific play date, Maryann.

Enjoy the wedding, Denise. Best wishes for the happy couple!

Sorry about the dry ham. Daphne. It sounds like you have it covered, however. I really wish John would eat legumes. One of my favorite childhood outings when I visited my grandparents in Santa Barbara was split pea soup at Anderson's in Solvang. John won't touch the stuff. I'm super-jealous of your dinner! I hope it's awesome!

We're having patty melts...not at all healthy. I really need to refocus my diet....major sigh!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by karyn (I love beets in almo...)
My other 'daughter' has been best friends with my daughter since they were 10 years old. She has been a big part of our lives like Laura has been part of theirs.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by DFen911 (My other 'daughter' ...)
Congrats Denise------we absolutely adore our "others" as well!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Congrats Denise-----...)
Oh, how sweet! I love it, Denise! I'm sure you had a great time celebrating with family and close friends!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/27/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, how sweet! I lo...)
this is one of the things I love about Facebook - I keep up with all the 'kids' who are like family to us thru their postings. And, they don't seem to mind having the 'olderly' folks hang around!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com