Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15??
  Re: (...)
what's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having company, so I'll use some of my goodies from Christmas plus the Sweet Garlic Chicken and pasta...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by cjs (what's on the menu f...)
Trying a new marinade for carne asada. Will make a fajita type thing out of it with onions and peppers.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by Trixxee (Trying a new marinad...)
Carne asada is one of my favorites.

It's a day of cooking for me.

I've got the brine cooling for the bruleed pork belly confit recipe that I found the other day. Lunch is going to be a chicken cutlet with hibiscus syrup (thanks secret Santa)and dinner is going to be House special chow mein. If I have the ingredients, dough for fig-date rugelach.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by losblanos1 (Carne asada is one o...)
I'm using a secret Santa gift as well. I'm making Costa Rican style Arroz con Pollo using the Salsa Linzano. I'm really excited to taste the salsa. I'd never heard of it, but people apparently crave it after they've visited Costa Rica.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by karyn (I'm using a secret S...)
You guys are sooo creative....WOW!!!!

Bacon, egg and onion pie here----MUNDANE!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by Roxanne 21 (You guys are sooo cr...)
We finally have peace and quit today. So I started catching up on laundry. And I enjoyed my first day of total alone time in a couple of weeks. My cold came back with a vengeance this weekend, but I seem to be turning around tonight. Thankfully!

Tonight was dibs and dabs of leftovers. When I get caught up with the house, I'll start playing with my Secret Santa stuff. But some of you have my total respect for diving right in to play.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We finally have peac...)
What an easy menu our mini-dinner party was last night! Everything done ahead of time and I just love that Sweet Garlic chicken.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We finally have peac...)
OMG!! I made the WORST Beef Enchilada casserole last night!! Despite the whole package of Taco seasoning, it was tasteless!! I kinda got clued about it when I opened the refried beans can to add to the browned ground beef and forewarned Hubby.

It reminded me of that scene from "This Is Where I Leave You" when the youngest brother asks everyone whether they've tried this Kugle dish someone brought over by declaring it the worst ever!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by BarbaraS (OMG!! I made the WO...)
Too bad about the dish, Barbara -but, I guess we have to have losers once in a while.

I loved that movie!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/28/15?? by cjs (Too bad about the di...)
Barbara, I hate when that happens!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.