Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate
  Re: (...)
I tried something new for our mini-dinner party last night. Instead of a large Charcuterie platter, I made individual plates - I loved doing this way! Here's a picture I took as I was trying it out in the afternoon, but later I tightened everything up on the plate and it looked much better. (then forgot to take a picture )

It certainly solved the problem of placing a large platter for everyone to reach and we all said it was a great way to present the goodies.

[Image: Dec%2028%20Cheese%20Plate%20prompt_zpsavtepvof.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by cjs (I tried something ne...)
You know, that's a really good idea. Nice plating, but also portion control.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by Mare749 (You know, that's a r...)
AND, and, I just had the greatest idea. I want Roy to make mini-charcuterie boards shaped like this - the size of a salad plate. I'll bet he could sell these sets on Etsy! or one of those. How fun would they be for a dinner party.

I like the shape of the top one.
[Image: Charcuterie%20Boards_zpsktxyigfz.jpg]

He's going to be a busy boy................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by Mare749 (You know, that's a r...)
By plating it yourself you get to present the charcuterie the way you intend also. A great idea.
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by losblanos1 (By plating it yourse...)
I like the size and the shape of the top one. Really nice idea. For maximum use though, I think a bit of a lip would be nice, in case anything has a bit of liquid or rolls easily, just my .02.
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by Cubangirl (I like the size and ...)
I like the top one too! Alina brings up a good point though. A bit of a lip save a meatball from landing on someone's lap or the floor.
Maryann

Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by cjs (AND, and, I just had...)
I see a pattern here...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by BarbaraS (I see a pattern here...)
I'm with Alina as well. Love the top one, and would totally love several of them with a lip!
  Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by karyn (I'm with Alina as we...)
Changing my mind already. A lip might ruin the simple yet beautiful design of the round board.

Just realized that all the items on your original plate are flat, except for one and whatever that is doesn't look like it would roll off anyway, IMHO.
Maryann

Re: Re: Charcuterie Platter vs. Plate by Mare749 (Changing my mind alr...)
I'm leaning that way also, Maryann. The round one is foie gras and it wouldn't roll. Thinking about what I put on boards (and looking at my other ones), I don't think it would be needed. But, it is a variation to keep in mind.

I'll nag Roy a little ( ) and have him move a couple of these up the 'to do' list.
www.achefsjourney.com