Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15??
  Re: (...)
What's for Dinner for everyone today??

Sweet Garlic Chicken pizza here.

Guess it's time to think about New Year's Eve. I do have the bubbly chilling, but that's it so far.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by cjs (What's for Dinner fo...)
Not sure yet. Looking for inspiration and making a grocery list. Time to start menu planning. It saves so much time in the long run.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. Lookin...)
I'm making the chicken pasta primavera from one of the free C@H books I got along the way. It has carrots, yellow squash, broccoli and cherry tomatoes in a white wine sauce. Serving it over tripolline.
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by cjs (What's for Dinner fo...)
We were going to a new restaurant called The Melting Pot - think fondue - but they're booked tonight. Getting take-out from somewhere.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by BarbaraS (We were going to a n...)
That's a big fondue chain. The one in Orlando was very good the last time I was there, but that was 15 years ago.

Aside from regular fondue, they also had something where they put an extremely hot rock onto your table and you could cook the meat on that, instead of in the pot.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by labradors (That's a big fondue ...)
I have a salt block that I do that - cook goodies. It's fun. Never worked with a rock tho
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by cjs (I have a salt block ...)
Beef in oyster sauce and soft cooked noodles

We have gone to a restaurant here that serves filet of beef on a HOT ROCK----Peter's fav when we go there. That has been around for a very long time!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by labradors (That's a big fondue ...)
Quote:

Aside from regular fondue, they also had something where they put an extremely hot rock onto your table and you could cook the meat on that, instead of in the pot.

No way!!! That sounds so familiar for a reason!!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm probably repeating myself - happens with age, you know but if anyone has made the Sweet Garlic chicken, if you toss an extra piece with the 'goop' and add to a pizza, it is probably one of the best flavored ever!

[Image: Dec%2030%20Sweet%20Garlic%20Chicken%20Pi...pqm4uf.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/30/15?? by cjs (I'm probably repeati...)
Ashley asked for the French Onion Salisbury Steak recipe the other day for Jason to make for her. I couldn't get it out of my head. Broccoli on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.