Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I cooked up two racks of ribs (2 different ways) yesterday, so will have one of them today with some smashed (home-grown ) tatoes and b. sprouts.

Our later snack....sigh, guess I'll do something to finish up our foie gras. (Blane & C.A. have me spoiled now, so I have D'Artagnans on speed-dial now!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
C@H's Chicken Francese. If I don't make it to the grocery store, steamed carrots, broccoli and yellow squash. If I do, I think I'd rather have a baby greens salad. A piece of garlic bread for Tony.

Today is our first official day of watching it. I sure hope I have more dedication than the last time I tried to lose weight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by Trixxee ([url=mailto:C@H's]C@...)
good luck!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by cjs (good luck!...)
Thanks Jean! I lose 4.5 lbs in 4 days last time. And then Halloween came and everything just fell apart, and it was not from candy! It was cookies, pie, wine, etc.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by Trixxee (Thanks Jean! I lose...)
Good luck, Trixxee!

Ribs sound so good! But with the start of the new year, I promised I'd rejoin the choir. So tonight will probably be either take out or leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck, Trixxee![...)
We're having oven fried chicken and roasted vegetables. For dessert, devils food cake with marshmallow frosting that I made for Ron yesterday. First time making that type of frosting and he declared it "the best!"
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by Mare749 (We're having oven fr...)
Good luck Trixxee!

Tonight it's another new recipe, Pretzel Pancakes, caramel sauce, white chocolate sauce and link sausage to neutralize the sweetness of the sauces.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by losblanos1 (Good luck Trixxee![b...)
I love smashed potatoes - made some (olive oil, s&p, red pepper flakes) to go with the ribs and cole slaw. What a great dinner - only thing missing was sitting on the deck in sunshine enjoying it!

[Image: Dec%206%20Ribs%20Smashed%20potatoes_zpsflvcqpiy.jpg]

And, our later snack to use the rest of our beautiful Foie Gras??? Are you ready for this?????????????

Foie Gras French Toast

www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by cjs (I love smashed potat...)
Good luck, Trixxee!

Jean, your ribs and taters look incredible!

I had an appointment after school, so tonight's dinner is Reuben sandwiches...mostly because they're easy, but also because I really like them.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/6/15?? by karyn (Good luck, Trixxee![...)
Foie Gras French Toast – Oh my Lord, this is the best combination of flavor in a long time!! Words (at least mine) cannot describe the lusciousness of this dish. It is a Food & Wine idea, which I adapted to use the last of my Medallion of Duck Foie Gras with Truffles. And, of course bubbly to go with.
Foie Gras French Toast

[Image: Jan%206%20MIchelle%20bubbly%20for%20foie...h80pml.jpg]

[Image: Jan%206%20Foie%20Gras%20French%20Toast_zpsnqrxqm2z.jpg] Foie Gras French Toast
www.achefsjourney.com