Friday Dinner, 1/8/16?
  Re: (...)
I have what I think are habanero/chicken sausages from Costco thawing in my continued attempt to not waste so much food (my first thought this morning when I cleaned out and organized the freezer was to toss them).

I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas? I guess we could grill them along with peppers and onions for a hoagie or skewer bite size pieces with vegetables and serve them over a bed of rice.

I'll glad take any other ideas.

Guess I'll go with this idea. I kind of like the cilantro/parsley pesto to brush on the kebabs.

http://www.hottie-biscotti.com/blog/2010...er-kabobs/
  Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by Trixxee (I have what I think ...)
I think you're watching what you eat right now, so I suppose tossing them with a spicy tomato sauce & pasta is out!

I got screwed up on my darn menu plan yesterday - we had the Glazed pork ribs with white (black-eyed, actually) beans yesterday and we'll have the Ropa Vieja with spicy sweet potatoes today.

finally able to get logged back in!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by cjs (I think you're watch...)
Right! I'll save my pasta fix for Sunday's norwegian meatballs and egg noodles. I've been craving a dish like that since Blane posted a picture.
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by Trixxee (Right! I'll save my...)
Ron wanted a pot of chili, so that's what I made. Probably won't have anything else with it because he usually eats a ton of crackers with butter on them with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by Mare749 (Ron wanted a pot of ...)
But that's the BEST way to eat chili!!!

Picked up to go from various places. Too brain-dead to cook.

Barbara<~~~buttered Saltines ala chili...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by BarbaraS (But that's the BEST ...)
Saltines with chili - YES or cornbread with butter & honey running down your arm good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by cjs (Saltines with chili ...)
William prefers the corn bread.

Today turned into a Chinese fire drill, so I went and picked up Chinese. Seemed fitting.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? by Gourmet_Mom (William prefers the ...)
I never ate buttered saltines before I knew Ron. Funny how things will grow on you though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."