Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I didn't completely read the instructions for the Slow Cooker Ribs and White Beans (or Black-eyed peas) the other day, so will have the leftovers served as noted.

"This warming eastern European short rib stew is best served in deep bowls over butter noodles) Duh

so getting out the noodles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ron is sick with a cold, so probably some kind of soup. Thinking about wedding soup since he likes that one a lot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by Mare749 (Ron is sick with a c...)
These darn colds are going thru all of us!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by cjs (These darn colds are...)
We are going to a mid-afternoon birthday party for my 10 year old nephew at "Laserquest". They have a separate party room where my sister will have snacks, pizza, salad, and birthday cake. That'll be late enough that it will be an early dinner.

I am cooking this morning though. Making broccoli and cheese squares with a side of bacon. The original recipe is for spinach but we already got burnt out on that earlier this week.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by cjs (These darn colds are...)
I took the last couple of days off from work because of a cold, feeling great now!

Our new kitchen appliances arrive today and Carylann is making Ropa Vieja to break in the stove.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by losblanos1 (I took the last coup...)
We have one more very small snack size helping of our Ropa Vieja and Swt. tatoes. Love this dish.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by cjs (We have one more ver...)
Blane, I so need to replace appliances so bad it's crazy! So jealous!

Have fun at the party, Trixxee!

Maryann, I hope Ron feels better soon. Mine hung on much longer than William's. Your mention of soup reminds me that I haven't had the Light version of the Zuppa Tuscano in a few weeks. Maybe when the temps drop again later next week. It is so good!

Tonight, William asked for Chili Dogs with fries. I'll try to plan something a little healthier for tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, I so need to ...)
Daphne, we've needed to replace ours for at least five years, they were in such bad shape.

It took longer than we thought with the set-up of our new stuff, no time to go to the store, so it's burgers and tots tonight.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/9/16?? by losblanos1 (Daphne, we've needed...)
I"ve been canning chicken stock all day. So whatever is left that I can't can, is getting some noodles and calling it a day. I'm beat.