Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

All my leftovers are gone now, so I'm starting anew...we'll have to see.

Did want to mention a really good dish which we finished up yesterday served the way the instructions suggested. Duh - I completely missed it.

[Image: Jan%2010%20pork%20w%20beans%20noodles_zpsscmmg7mj.jpg]

Slow Cooker Glazed Pork Ribs with White Beans

I used 1/2 a rack of ribs for just the two of us, so I had lots more ‘stew’ than beans with ribs. We had ribs (as ribs) the first night, then I cut the meat off the bones of the last 2 ribs and added back to the beans. It made a wonderful stew. Then when I reread the instructions that “this warming eastern European stew is best served in deep bowls over butter noodles” the dish was even better. I’ll probably rework this to be just that a stew and not ribs with beans.
Plus, I did add about 2/3 cup chopped onion to the initial mix. Oh, and I did use Black Eyed peas not white beans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yummy!

I have a couple of ways I can go:

1. Swedish meatball sliders with cranberry aoili on poppy seed rolls.
2. Knock off Benihana's fried rice using some bbq'd chinese ribs that I would pick up from a restaurant
3. Freezer diving - chicken enchiladas.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by Trixxee (Yummy![br][br]I have...)
My vote is for #1.

Tonight it's Tarragon Cream Chicken and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by losblanos1 (My vote is for #1. [...)
We're having mini meatloaves from Cuisine's Cooking for Two book. Mashed potatoes and corn on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by Mare749 (We're having mini me...)
Cooking up a pork sirloin tip roast. Costco has them 4 packs and they are just the best little roasts. Each is about 2-3 lb and they are moist and tender. Will add some pan roasted cauliflower and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by DFen911 (Cooking up a pork si...)
We're having Skillet Turkey Meatballs with Lemony Rice. I'll serve it with some roasted asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by karyn (We're having [url=ht...)
We will be eating on a budget for a while. We had to go out and buy a new fridge today unexpectedly. So tonight is country fried steak with mashed potatoes and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We will be eating on...)
Bummer!! (but, I wish mine would go out!) I loved my old fridge in town, but no way can I justify replacing this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by cjs (Bummer!! (but, I wis...)
Used another S.S. gift yesterday - a jar of Mezzetta Tomato & Basil Sauce. I've never bought this product, but the flavor was nice. I did doctor it up a little with garlic, capers, anchovy, green onions, red pepper flakes and a little parsley. Made a great sauce.

Worked with Sous Vide again with Mahi Mahi and I still need to get the temp/time just right for us. Tasty tho - the hit was Panko/Parm sprinkled lemon slice I broiled along with the piece of fish - Wow - we both sucked on that darn thing.

[Image: Jan%2011%20Mahi%20Mahi%20w%20Pasta_zpsb9cyeq8z.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/11/16?? by cjs (Used another S.S. gi...)
Yum! Love that fish!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.